JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Home Screen layout

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 02:21 PM)
Dude204
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Can anyone figure out how to automatically have the keyboard pop up when you're searching for an app, instead of pulling it up manually? 

Home screen > Home screen layout > Home screen only option enabled. 

If anyone finds out how to do it, please leave a reply. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Technical that cant be done unless you click the search bar to search for an app if it popped up everytime you just opened the app drawer that would drive me crazy not seeing all of the apps and having the keyboard in the way

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Do you mean when you are searching for a app on your phone? If so I don't know if they are different but on my 24U all I have to do is open my apps screen and hit the search bar and the keyboard jumps up on its own.

0 Likes
Dude204
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
When searching for an app while swiping up, the search box pops up, but you actually have to, like you mentioned, hit the search bar and the keyboard pops up. What I want to know is, when swiping up, and the search bar comes up, is there a way to have both the search bar & keyboard pop up at the same time?
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, I'm with you now. I'm not really sure if that can be done.
0 Likes
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I wonder if you could set up a Bixby routine like that?
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Technical that cant be done unless you click the search bar to search for an app if it popped up everytime you just opened the app drawer that would drive me crazy not seeing all of the apps and having the keyboard in the way

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
garetmg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This is an option in stock Android on Pixel devices fyi. If one doesn't like it they don't have to enable the feature. Those of us who use it find it's much quicker to locate the app you're looking for.
0 Likes