Original topic:

S24 Ultra not compatible with carrier network

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:40 AM)
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Is anyone else being told their S24 ultra is not compatible with their carrier network? We received our new phones yesterday and tried to activate them with our current carrier (Xfinity) and they are telling us our unlocked phones are showing up as not compatible.

119 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@userjF0D91YDFJ Usually this means that the carrier hasn't added the IMEI to their database as a valid phone. If it was a major carrier I would say that the delay may be due to the them planning on updating their databases on the phone's official release date (Jan 31). With Xfinity it may mean that they have not planned on supporting the S24. This is something that you will need to work out with Xfinity's support team. 

userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They are currently listing the s24 ultra for sale as a preorder on their website. I have spoken with 3 different people on their support team and no one has any answers. One tried to tell me they may not support the s24 ultra, but when I told them they were currently listing it for sale they said maybe they won't support unlocked ones. Worst case, I guess I am changing carriers Feb 1 if they still won't accept it
Lauralee923
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Spectrum said the same thingā€¦ but did say they can activate on Jan 31-Feb 1st when the 24 series is officially released. Samsung knew the sims for the pre orders. They should have released those sims for activation. After all, isnā€™t that why people pre order?

userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree! šŸ™‚
SnoopDoggFuzzyCatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm just going to return the S24U which arrived today. Still in box, I don't have time nor the patience to d--k around with new but incompatible electronics.
0 Likes
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
With T-Mobile, contacted tech support and had me up and running on eSIM in about 15 mins.
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm on Visible and my current phone is the S22+. My S24 arrived yesterday but Visible said it's not officially supported on their network until next month. I swapped out the physical sim from my S22 and it's working but neither esim is showing as valid on their web tool.
0 Likes
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Interesting. I may have to try that. They told me they had no idea why it wasn't showing up, but maybe I could try again after the 31st.
SnoopDoggFuzzyCatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
the S22 Ultra has a SIM card?
0 Likes