JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use USB mouse with Samsung DEX after update

(Topic created: 04-27-2024 09:07 AM)
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm using a docking station with type c cable to use Samsung Dex but now it seems like mouse doesn't work with it. Earlier it was working fine but after an update it stopped. 

I'm able to connect tv with dex using this docking station but mouse doesn't work.
Can someone help me to find solution.
I need to know which app/process invokes mouse pointer on screen so that i can force close and start it again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for responding. I've submitted an error report. I hope it gets resolved soon.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Update:
I realised there's problem with usb detection process. The reverse charging is not producing enough power to usb dock and hence mobile doesn't detect mouse or any small storage device. (Mouse light doesn't blink)
The hdd however gets detected only when we attach the charger to the dock.

The usb mouse works randomly(light blinks) but takes around 10mins to gets detected initially and also needs charger to be connected to dock.
If we detach dock for few mins then again it takes some time to detect mouse if we reattach dock.

I request someone from Samsung here.. can you please report my findings to the Samsung support team so that they can fix this in the next update.

@GaryB82
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

I would suggest doing a error report in the Members app under the support tab and explain what is happening 

I wouldn't have any ideals I don't use a dock or mouse or anything with my device 

@Rydah  @LongHiker  you know of anything that could help 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Solution
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for responding. I've submitted an error report. I hope it gets resolved soon.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Your welcome wish I could help but I dont use those features 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know how to tag Samsung care ambassador here...can someone please pick this post up and make it reach the right team
0 Likes