Options
Galaxy S24

Galaxy s24 did an update and now messages doesn't show delivered or read

7 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you double checked your settings? Sometimes the updates will change or default the settings to what they were originally. Try going to your messages settings >more settings >multimedia messages and enable what you need from there.

LeoWyatt89_0-1721156613624.jpeg

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
You are mistaken what you are referring to in your comment and screenshot will actually send you a notification when message is delivered and read and has nothing to do with RCS Messaging
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

The people on the other side of your message have to have the ability to send return receipts and they have to enable it and the carrier has to support it.  Your carrier has to support it as well.

ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
To add to what @realaud said first try clearing Message App cache and restarting your device if that doesn't help go into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Who is your carrier?
Carriers are slowly removing Chat features from Samsung Messages!
0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I use textra but I mean if it's so important to know when a message is read you could use WhatsApp, Telegram, and I know there are plenty of others. My parents use Samsung messages and it says read immediately on textra but it's not a big deal when it is read. I mean I'm sure it is to some people for different reasons so it may be worth looking into a messaging app that tells you through data. I don't know if Google messages has it or not but hope this helps. Just an idea
0 Likes
useriVJOJX4eLp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same problem, & so is my boyfriend. We BOTH have the Samsung Galaxy S24+, & up until the last update, it would show our messages as "delivered" when they were sent & "read" once the other person read them. (Mind you, we both have the appropriate settings selected correctly... we've double & triple checked) I have T-Mobile & he has AT&T, but now his texts to me don't even show as "delivered" let alone "read", & my texts to him only show as "delivered". But never "read" anymore! **bleep**?! Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? šŸ™
0 Likes