Original topic:

S24 Ultra 6.1.1 Smart Select/GIF

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Just got the new update to 6.1.1 and it changed the smart select edge panel a bit. I no longer have access to create a GIF. I do like the new smart select and the way it works but to remove the ability to create gifs of whatever is on screen is a bummer. 

I have seen the good lock alternative because the feature is still present on the phone but somehow only accessible through a 3rd party app is kinda bogus. Let's start a revolt and up vote this please. Just put the option for smart select back in the edge panel options.

Bring back our gif maker in the edge panel!

S24 Ultra Unlocked on AT&T

7 Replies
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm still waiting for the update but is this what you are talking about? If so that sucks, I use it a lot. Is the whole Smart select panel is gone? I was bummed when they removed the functionality of the Apps panel so I had to pay for a 3rd party one to get it back. I don't understand why they constantly remove things that are used by tons of us. One UI 6.0 removed one of the best options to create custom stickers from the gallery and the post has hundreds of likes and comments. But no response from Samsung. So I guess once something is removed it's gone forever! 1725970422839.jpg1725970422883.jpg
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes that specific panel with that GIF creation option is no longer available.  It is a bummer.

0 Likes
acruzlu02
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It's a nice update. My only complaint is in Google messages the bubbles were changed to purple.
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I use google messages too and I still have dark blue and light blue message bubbles.  I believe you can change the bubbles directly in the settings of google messages and potentially if your phone is running a theme that may affect it.  Haven't messed with Themes in a while in the main phone settings.

0 Likes
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
@JBDiGG has the Pin/Insert option been removed also from that panel?
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Not familiar or sure what you are talking about.  Like when you do the smart select and clip a portion of the screen and are able to pin it.  Then insert into other windows... that is still part of the new smart select if we are talking about the same thing.  So yes, still there.

JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe we're talking about the same thing. 1725973259005.jpg1725973259026.jpg1725973259061.jpg
0 Likes