Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 07:42 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
userg40yPBvo6s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The over saturation to an unnatural level is really disappointing. I hope they come out with an update soon that will fix this. The photos look fine until they're "optimized", and no amount of settings I change stop the optimization. 

LYAT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There is no option to turn off the oversaturation. Yesterday the guy who works at the company where I returned the cell phone told me that many people are disappointed with the cell phone after having purchased it. because Samsung got out of hand with the over-saturation of colors.
0 Likes
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I can't get it to stop either.
0 Likes
Jimmyjackson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I agree...i tested the s23 ultra camera against s24 ultra camera and the focus and final pictures are blurry and no where near as clear as the s23 ultra even the 100x zoom can't focus the quality looks like blurry oil painting if I can send it back for a refund I'm going to send it back

userIy1005Mh3H
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes blurry oil painting with a lot of noise. Some loss details if you shoot greenery scene. Makes my note10+ look sophisticated both screen and camera. Sigh..................

0 Likes
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue! Also coming from an s21 but an s21 ultra. And even if I turn off the optimization even on the Pro mode, when I go to see the photos, I can see it changing them permanently as I look at them! The contrast is turned up artificially high and many photos come out blurry. The 12 mp camera on the main feels like a scam and a waste. Many images I take are not sharp. Especially if the light isn't fully blown out. The colors are changed as the process to punch too much sometimes.
Morghar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried the S24 Ultra, but the pictures have washed out colors. The video stabilization at 10X is shaky and 3X vs 5X is not a big jump. I prefer my S22 Ultra which is much better. The display is also bad on the S24 Ultra with washed out colors... again! I returned it today and will keep my S22 Ultra for another year. Samsung: release something that is ready next time!

LYAT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did the same like you, I am just keeping my old phone for a little longer.
HJStrawberry
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S22 ultra as well. Everything about it seems better than S24 ultra from sound to camera to screen. I might have to return this, grr.
userIy1005Mh3H
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Speaker, camera, screen even my note 10+ is more upscale. Too bad cant return it in my area. Even worse I bought 2 one for my wife as gift. 

0 Likes