Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 01:48 PM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
Tazs2024
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope you're right or i'm selling mine
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I think the camera is pretty good but that's me 20240205_160508_1000007968_1707167677.jpg
Tazs2024
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This is the first time I owned a Samsung. S24 ultra and very very disappointed on the washed out color. Shame on you samsung for doing this and charging us a lot of money for your crappy camera. I saved my money for this specially coming from an iPhone user due to the vividness of samsung galaxy. Either you fix this issue or you gonna have a lot of people returning your crappy phone
Options
Galaxy S24
Dang I hope that camera issue is fixed.
Options
Galaxy S24
I didn't think this issue was effecting the camera like that. I haven't tested my camera yet.
Starscreen
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an iPhone 6s plus, almost a decade old phone and I have decided to compare it's camera quality to the latest s24 ultra. I took the picture at the same distance away from the laptop.

Here are the results:

I just completed dislike the s24 ultra photo processing especially with text.

Here are the 50mp and 200mp comparisons taken at the same distance away:

I hope Samsung does a better job at processing images with the new update. My version currently One UI 6.1

If you want to view these original files:

Options
Galaxy S24
You're too critical, I really do not see a difference
Teezmonkey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Taking video with the s24 ultra is terrible.  The video is fine if the camera is still but once you start moving the camera the videos become terrible.  Videos snag or like frame skip once you start panning or just moving the camera.  Videos are not smooth at all.  My note 10+ that I traded in for the ultra shot better videos.  Everyones worried about zoom capabilities instead of the actual quality of the video produced.  I can't be the only one noticing this is a big issue.  We buy these phones as a communication device and camera abilities and the video shot on this device is just bad.  Videos are basically not even worth it unless you are shooting the phone mounted stationary.  I hope this gets addressed with an update otherwise I am very disappointed 

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

First rule of videography:  Move slowly, and avoid vibrations in your hands.

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Something sounds very wrong. Your video should be amazing. Did you turn video stabilization on? Did you do the camera update? Install the camera assistant. Did you up the resolution and the FPS? Tell me more. In my opinion, it's unbelievably good. Maybe I can help you fix this issue? Also, what kind of case do you have on it? Does your case have lens protectors that could be the problem? Also, maybe your phone is defective.
0 Likes