Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 07:43 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
user2EmWFAU6Do
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I did. And I played around with the optimization setting. None of the pictures looked good unless it was outside in nice weather and stationary subject
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Agree with this
0 Likes
Corn808
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the color science on the S24. I do have that hazy screen like everyone else, though. Apparently, it's how samsung tuned the colors. Should be resolved with a software update.
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I was thinking the same. I thought that the S24 Ultra took the better, far more natural and pleasing photo 3 out of 3. The S20 photos often look blown out to my eyes.
0 Likes
Ones_N_Zeros
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
That's what someone randomly in Samsung Spain said. The truth is if they completely eliminated the vivid mode they wouldn't have given us the option for vivid mode. Something in the software is broken and Samsung is refusing to comment on it. Based on Samsung's willingness to completely ignore hundreds of thousands of people's complaints and not put out an official trustworthy statement It has caused me to return my S24 ultra. This is coming from someone who has a Samsung fridge Samsung stove Samsung washer Samsung dryer Samsung watch Samsung earbuds Samsung phone. Game over. The OnePlus 12 is almost half the cost has none of the AI gimmicks and is extremely powerful.
Corn808
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung typically resolves bugs more efficiently compared to OnePlus. I own two OnePlus 11 devices, including the Genshin Impact collector's edition. Unfortunately, the screen of my OnePlus Open cracked within a month of purchase, and it has been with the support team for over a month now. They informed me that replacement parts are currently unavailable.

While OnePlus produces decent phones, their customer support in the United States is severely lacking. I primarily use my OnePlus devices for gaming, while my Samsung device serves all other purposes. Additionally, the OnePlus camera software encounters compatibility issues with third-party video calling applications commonly used on social media platforms.

Despite these shortcomings, OnePlus devices offer a lower price point compared to Samsung. As the adage goes, the quality of the product reflects its cost. [Samsung AI writing style helped generate this response]
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Has the OnePlus 12 resolved the QC issues of the gap between the camera housing and the phone and the excessive visible glue between the housing and rear cover? Photos that I have seen of the issues just make them look terrible and cheaply made.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes - that was an issue with the early China-market phones.  No issue with the OP12 that I have in-hand.

Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Glad to hear they have resolved that. Early models looked like šŸ’© and OnePlus was trying to claim it was by design and not an issue.
0 Likes
usermoZPN8NXdp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ§„šŸ„¦
0 Likes