Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 07:39 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
userJjNxEohGBf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm on my 3rd S24 Ultra; the first two had terrible screen banding, and the first one had the jean pattern on the screen. I still have my S23U. I might return this 24U; the screen is better than the others, but it men. 

Like everyone says, post-processing is just horrible. 50 or 200, even with a lot of things turned off on Camera Assistant, etc., the processing is still there. There's also color banding in pictures. I thought it was my screen, but after seeing some pictures posted here on my laptop, I can see the banding, so it's definitely the processing. 

My wife has a 15 Pro, and I truly wish point-and-shoot pictures came out like hers. And forget about it if one of our kids is moving. It's a blur fest. LOL $1300 Flagship!

0 Likes
Ka3keh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here s24+, updated from s21.

My old s21 took way better photos. My daughter's birth day memories were ruined, cannot even look at the photos. I cannot beleive such a new phone take such bad pictures. 

0 Likes
userzvpjaaG07C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
THEY NEED TO FIX THE 200 AND 50MP CAMERA! It's crazy how unusable those cameras are. Stop the post processing of those Camaras!
Guill
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Fix the camera, newest update changed the phone from UHD, FHD and HP to 16 mm and 64 mm. Now only 2 of the 4 cameras work. I am finally embarrassed to take pictures.
0 Likes
userzvpjaaG07C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Imagine spending all this money on the phone and at a family gathering you not pulling out your phone to take pictures.....
0 Likes
Guill
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I was proud that my Samsung took better pictures than the apple phone that most of my family has. It is a shame.
0 Likes
userNOp6XTKuSM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Upgraded from a S21 Ultra and didn't have any issues. I believe the AI or software is trying to improve the photos but it's making it worse. Colors are saturated details are not visible. Please help Samsung. 
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I can honestly tell you that something must be very wrong. The S24 Ultra's camera is absolutely incredible. A few things: Make sure that you are not using camera lens covers and that the lenses are clean. Make sure your case is either fitted and below the lenses or has a complete cutout for the cameras. Now, make sure that you have downloaded the camera assistant. Once this is done, it's all about setting the settings to your preferences. If you don't like photo softening, you can turn it off. Then, of course, don't forget about switching lenses and adjusting the settings to fit your wants. If you don't want to use intelligent optimization, turn it to the lowest setting. Also, turn down Optimizer if you don't like what it's doing. If you want, you can always start over by resetting the camera. Also, make sure all software and apps are updated. 1707859908802.jpg1707859959006.jpg
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks, I appreciate the positive, in-depth information!!!!!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ˜Š