Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
usermJH1ex3fVo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same thing, not as good as expected. 

0 Likes
Abhisek88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm noticing the front camera quality is poor when I'm video calling on low light conditions. (checked both on whatsapp and messenger). Anyone else noticing the same? Not sure if this is hardware issue as well.

AlexJ14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000057297.jpg

ā€ƒfor a $1300 phone, its embarrasing the quality of photos this phone takes or "optimizes". Took pictures of the beautiful sky and i see bands, lines all over. Compared to my wifes phone (iphone 15) i was furious to show this. Please fix your "picture optimizing" and allow me to disable. Its a disgrace to see this poor quality pictures. I attempted with 12mp 60 and 200mp and one is worse that the other. I wish i could upload them, but there is a file size limit here, so i cant even demonstrate the horrible pictures.

milen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I, like many of you, have always felt superior when holding an android. Especially the samsung galaxy line. My S21 ultra still outperforms the IPhone in every way and I'm my friend groups designated photographer bc they all have i phones and love my quality more. 

I got the s24 ultra and it is legitimately terrible in almost every way. I took the camera to disney yesterday and I was so beyond disappointed at it's inability to capture true colors or have any vibrancy at all. It's all just a grainy dull mess. I don't even think I can return it bc of atnt's 14 day policy. So **bleep**g mad that they didn't get this right and now I'm stuck with this dull screen and dull camera. Why could they also keep the 10x? It was such a perfectly powerful camera with sick zoom? Just disappointed in everything about this. 

S24 ultra dark scene with bright light 

S21 ultra

S21 ultra 

S21 ultra 

Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Random shot with my unlocked S24 ultras camera. Taken looking out my window.20240210_123750_1000009765_1707586832.jpg
16_oz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Turn off intelligent optimization and scene optimizer, download camera assistant and turn off auto hdr, also turn off super hdr in the gallery app. All this is garbage. The 50mp and 200mp pictures are also garbage due to the post processing that you can't turn off. Samsung has some things to fix. Samsung is also going to send a update to fix vivid so people like you who enjoy oversaturated screens. Yes they shouldn't have released this phone without fixing all this.
milen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This seems to help!
0 Likes
userAK7OigKLzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
What is camera assistant? I'm not seeing anything like that on the play store.
Members_Ae6O75x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

You have to download Goodlock. It's available only in USA region. When you install it there is Camera assistant option .

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Totally agree about 50/200mp trash quality! They're all oily and overprocessed... specially indoor or any lightning other than sunny bright days... Google pixel 8 pro 50mp is superior to this trash camera by far...

Shame on Samsung to sell us an expensive phone with trash camera...

Why did you release it if it wasn't tested and fixed yet?