Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I would wait for an update, and if they don't say nothing I'll probably return nine as well
0 Likes
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
There won't be an update. Colors on this specific display meant to look this way also on Vivid Mode. I visited the Samsung 837 Experience store in NYC which is where I live and they said its not a bug. Also Samsung Spain released an article saying same thing. It meant to look more natural and people are welcome to leave their feedback .
0 Likes
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Look at update
0 Likes
userTLqqibPTOZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for sharing this strategy... I wonder if Wireshark could identify the server that's being accessed to support the image ruining algorithm and block it with a firewall instead of full on Airplane mode
0 Likes
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm assuming it has to do with the new Ai features since all these require internet services
0 Likes
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried this but it did not work for me. The post processing still destroys the decent initial photo. 

efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Look at my update. I have a defective device. I'd recommend to go and compare it to a display model at a retail store
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yep I have the same defective camera issue with switching between cameras as well as this other issue. 

userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They told me this was a software issue at the store in NYC. I have this too as well as the grainyness and other issues. They told me that all of this could apparently be fixed but no one can confirm a timeline or if those actual issues are being troubleshooted.
0 Likes
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Keep us updated if the replacement device really does better.

0 Likes