Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
526 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
What would you do with either of those awful pictures? It seems this was taken at night time, neither the 5x nor the 10x have a big enough sensor to let enough light in for it to be a usable shot.
Jtwizzle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You don't do much with it except make out what something is/says far away.
0 Likes
frankie127
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Zoom camera is a neat feature to have and use even to identify something in a pinch. Sometimes it's helps for quick glance for job purposes instead of buying a camera system yo carry everywhere. So I took a 126 pictures total on both phones and 75% S23 was better just my results. We all have reason we buy a phone in the end my reason my not apply to your others just figured I post those as a quick reference.
raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
200mp mode has this problem with zoom.. 12mp seems okay. I only use 200mp for an outdoor scene with lots of sunlight
0 Likes
Jtwizzle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That is unfortunate. I also do not see a software update fixing that. Hopefully, im wrong. Seems like just a lack of data from the lower optical zoom level. In very good lighting, the s24u can just process its way to equivalent quality.
0 Likes
mailenjokerbell
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Came back to Samsung after a 10-year hiatus. I've been a Pixel user for the past 3 years. What happened to the camera quality? Samsung used to be synonymous with great camera quality, yet the S24U can't take a picture of a moving object to save its life.

Are there any talks about improvements in this area?
I can deal with the unnatural colors, but this is ridiculous.

I love the phone otherwise. I'm glad to see Samsung has made so much progress, and One UI is no longer the slow, bloated mess it used to be.
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Try single take for moving objects. It seems to help get what you want.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an S23+, so apologies if some of the settings I mention are different or missing from your phone. Apologies also if you already know this stuff.

This may seem obvious, but make sure the Tracking auto-focus setting is toggled on.

Also in the camera settings, you can adjust the Advanced Intelligence to take less time processing between photos.

There is also a setting to take burst photos when swiping the shutter button.

You might also be interested in an app in the Galaxy Store called Camera Assistant. This adds several more settings to the camera. One of them takes the photo as soon as the shutter is touched. Another allows you to toggle off "Prioritize focus over speed" (I've forgotten which state is the default for this setting.)

I see from my search results that Samsung phones used to have a "sports mode" for their cameras. I am baffled as to why they removed this.

This has nothing specifically to do with action photos, but if you're really into photography, the Galaxy Store also has an app called Expert RAW, which adds another camera app with a neutral density filter and multiple exposure options among other advanced features.1707132931414.jpg1707133775745.jpg
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

They just can't seem to add a smart shutter limit that you could set according to the expected subject movement, but uses a faster speed when the scene suddenly gets brighter.

0 Likes
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
So, I minimized quality optimization, no HEIC, RAW saving, from Camera Assistant, auto HDR off, Picture Softening off, Adaptive pixel off, Upscale digital zoom off, so basically all auto editing off, and I took photo with Pro mode. It still does auto eiditing blasting out the light. Is it the same issue that everyone is talking about?