Original topic:

S24 Ultra Charging Issues

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 12:37 PM)
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone else have issues with charging with the S24 Ultra. It starts a couple of weeks ago with a charger (Ssung 25w) plugged in, it doesn't register that it's charging. If I power the phone off and back on it charges fine. 

Today I started getting a notice that my device is charging while I'm holding it in in my hands with no charger connected. It will show charging for 10 or 25 seconds and then stop. Very strange is my body giving off a charge? šŸ˜šŸ˜‚ 

24 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
This issue persists for me. No matter what cable/charger combination. Somehow wireless charging seems to work. I have had SEVERAL times where I plug the phone in at night and it starts charging but apparently stops shortly after and my phone has died overnight. While connected to the charger!!! I've had this happen with at LEAST two different chargers and cables. I need help. Is this still an issue for others too?
0 Likes
Members_FXGrN6d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is also happening to me. It simply refuses to charge on multiple cables and this just started happening. I bought this phone at launch and have used the same cables and chargers the entire time. It would not data-connect either. I tried clearing cache via recovery and while powered off I plugged it in it would but to recovery instead of start to charge. It also gave me water warning a couple times even though it was completely dry and has been nowhere near water for days. Eventually it started working and I got stuff backed up. It is regularly doing it though. There isn't a rhyme or reason to when it does it. It does seem to NOT begin charging more than it does though. This is very concerning.

0 Likes
userv83nhxV5Rt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Been having this issue since launch as well. Finally caved and got a replacement phone, straight out of the box it's having a hard time. Only one charger/cable combo seems to be working (which is where things started with the original device), so I'm just waiting until this combo stops working. Anker 25w brick, Samsung included cable. Tried various different bricks/cables, even on the new device and it still won't charge with anything other than this combo. It wireless charges, but even that on my previous device was spotty. Sometimes I'd wake up to it at 90-95%, not a big deal, but with battery protection turned off, it should be charging and holding at 100%. 

I've used Samsung since the s3 and this is by far the worst release issue I've had. 

0 Likes
userCEJt1Oqst4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Try to switch modes on battery protection
0 Likes
Members_FXGrN6d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

So, this issue escalated last night and began failing to connect for data transfer. I just got done at an Authed repair shop and the replaced the USB module under warranty. Works perfectly now. My guess is the problem in the module is slow-failing, like bad solder joints.

In other words, get these things warrantied before it fails completely.

0 Likes