Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 07:37 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
MpankSonkey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Reaaaaally disappointed with this camera on anything other than 12MP and even that has color saturation issues, overcorrection by AI, lousy focusing behavior... I just want to know why it is, at its basic form, a whole lot worse than the S23 Ultra. It's been 3 months, I want my 23 back... this applies to the Watch 6 Classic, also, it's worse than the Watch 5 in nearly all respects.

0 Likes
Joel_Yancey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Try adjusting ISO. I have found that the Automatic ISO setting of S24 Ultra is often not ideal. For example recording at concerts, I always have to set ISO manually for performers on stage to have any facial detail.

To set ISO:

1. Open Android camera app.

2. Tap 'MORE'

3. Tap PRO (for Camera) or PRO VIDEO (for video)

4. In the slider with adjustable settings, find ISO.

5. Toggle from Auto to Manual by tapping AUTO. Adjust ISO by scrolling the widget.

0 Likes
userPiqI0lIq25
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Over Exposing is problem of actual top-tier Galaxy phones. It's bad processing and algorithms. HDR doesn't work and over-processing ruin shots

0 Likes
Luner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I really hope that Samsung provides a MUCH better camera quality with better zoom and better low light along with better battery optimization performance for the s24 ultra in the upcoming one ui 7 
0 Likes
Dr8ter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Who did you talk to to get a replacement wanna see if I can do that as well cause i pre-ordered mine on launch day
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Last night I took photos of my daughter at home and the result was horrible indeed. Such an expensive flagship phone and this horrible quality is unbelievable. The photo is too noisy, unreal colors and bad details (Scene optimizer was off to get better results and I'm on latest update of February). Check it below:

20240309_090549.jpg

ā€ƒI took another photo by iPhone 15 pro max and couldn't believe how good the result was. True colors, detailed and without noise:

IMG_20240309_092242_531.jpg

ā€ƒIt's really disappointing to buy such an expensive so-called flagship and for months just do the play of report and fix to get a good camera! Whatever reason, I know it's Samsung software messing photos....

alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Here is another photo of the horrible results:

20240309_094010.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
userlNt555CFXF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually think the Samsung photo is much better than the Apple
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Check the noise in these cropped photos. Meanwhile, the colors are true to life on iPhone compared to s24 ultra that makes everything too bright and white

24 Ultra

20240309_094010_resized.jpg

ā€ƒiPhone 15 PM

IMG_20240309_092242_531_resized.jpg

ā€ƒIf you zoom, you can see how bad S4 ultra is... šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

The worse condition is when I try to take 50mp photos Indoor with normal home lighting. Samsung processing makes it oily smudgy and without details while IP15PM gets crystal clear details in 48MP mode. I'll post samples later today. 

0 Likes