Original topic:

S24 Ultra and S3 Frontier Smartwatch

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 05:00 AM)
RickD1245
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Got my new S24 Ultra yesterday but my excitement was short lived when I tried to pair my tried and true S3 Frontier watch and found that the two are not compatible. It's just Bluetooth, why would Samsung stop supporting their own product?!
8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@RickD1245 The S3 Frontier uses the Tizen OS. Going forward, Samsung is only supporting wearables with the Google Wear OS. The watches changed to Google Wear OS with the Watch 4. 

0 Likes
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Had kinda the same issue, only reverse new watch old phone not compatible with each other.
0 Likes
Mwynn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This just happened to me too! It's hard locked my gear S3 and made it completely unusable.

0 Likes
Samphoenix86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

So does Samsung want to give me a full refund for the gear S3 Frontier because they have made it obsolete, even though it works perfectly fine and I have no need to buy a new watch. I mean. I paid for a product that only doesn't work properly now, because of them!

Samsung_HpUxVgz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I doubt they would. That would cut into their profit margins. If they do, I want my refund as well

0 Likes
BlazeFalconburger
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Yep, just discovered this myself. Another cash grab from Samsung! Really annoyed about this.

0 Likes
userebmmltQosV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same!
0 Likes
Jyp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

SAME HERE !!!!