JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra setting individual notifications/ringtones?

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 04:42 PM)
SexyPinata525
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey, upgraded to a 24 Ultra recently... Previously I could set notification ringtones for individual things or people... Did they take that away?

I can only set like 1 notification sound for everything where before I could have it so I knew what the notification was by listening to what sounds it made... Really irritating if that is gone... If I've somehow missed where I need to be please let me know! 
Loving the phone so far other than that, and some of my apps won't notify me of stuff, where as everything on my 23 Ultra was fine.
Thanks in advance everyone! 
9 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S24

Notification Sound for Each App:

ā€¢  Settings  >
ā€¢  Notifications  >
ā€¢  Advanced Settings  >
Turn "Manage Notification
Categories for Each App" On

Screenshot_20240315_184310_Settings.jpg

ā€ƒ

Notification Sound for each Contact:

ā€¢ Phone App
ā€¢ Choose Contact Name
ā€¢ Press the (i) button
ā€¢ Press More (3 dots)
ā€¢ Change Ringtone/Vibration
ā€¢ Choose Ringtone

Cosdad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

That solution allows for different categories of notifications within apps, but I don't see the option to set unique tones for individual apps

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Change Notification
Sound Each App:

ā€¢  Settings  >
ā€¢  Apps  >
ā€¢  Choose App  >
ā€¢  Notifications  >

Allow Notifications must be on.

ā€¢  Notification  Categories  >
ā€¢  Click on a Category  >
ā€¢  Sound  >
ā€¢  Choose a Notification Sound.

0 Likes
Members_rSgkrDC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

On the new s24 ultra there is no "notification categories" only very few apps have that. Therefore, we cannot customize the notifications sounds for all apps anymore as we used to he able to.

Has anyone found a solution @uservsdu9ene can y'all fix that please!

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

you just choose a different ringtone

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Members_pZ1g2JK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue and I'm not seeing any option that says "manage notification categories for each app" in that settings menu.

Grandma Hands
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I figured it out today!! if you are using the new Google Messages app that replaced Samsungs...

1. Open Messages

2. Open a chat you have with the person you'd like to change the notification sound for.

3. Click on their name at the top

4. Choose Notifications

5. Finally click Sound and choose what you'd like!!

SexyPinata525
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Awesome, thanks!
So I have to use the Google messages one
šŸ˜… šŸ˜… šŸ˜…
I still like my Samsung one, but I guess it might be time to try

That's how I used to customize the Samsung app one, then I noticed it wasn't an option for my S24 Ultra like I did my S23 Ultra šŸ˜­šŸ˜…
HSP Warrior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I figured this out with Samsung Messenger. The problem with the above solutions is the menu names have changed. Try the following instead:

Go into Settings, click on Notifications, then Advanced settings, make sure Manage Notification Categories for Each App is On

Then go to Apps, click on an App you want to have a separate notification sound for, click Notifications, then Notification Categories, under the Miscellaneous and Other subtitles are different categories you can click on

For example, under Other is General Notifications, if you click on that, make sure Allow Notifications is on and set to Alert, then you will see a Sound option where you can click to change the Notification sound. 

If you want to have the same notification sound for all messages, you will have to do the same for the other categories in the subtitles. It is a bit of work, but it is possible. I hope this helps!

0 Likes