Original topic:

S24 Ultra Bluetooth Connection Issues

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:22 AM)
usernYjwCi5HK0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've had my S24 ultra since launch and with each software update I hope the BT connection issues are going to be resolved.

I'm well versed in tech and have done TS techniques. Tested one or two connection, different types (head phones only, headphones and watch, watch only) and I still can't figure out what's triggering the BT to drop connections. When working out I have a pair of SoundCore Liberty 3 Pro running and my Galaxy Watch 5 pro. When using Spotify, I tend to see more issues that with the SiriusXM app. The issue is the music will either stutter and pickup and continue or I will have to unpair the headphones and pair them again. Sometimes I see the music slider on the app showing it's playing but no audio. It might pick back up and be good, or what will happen is the phone will disconnect both the head phones and the watch and then reconnect shortly there after, similar to when Windows explorer crashes and it auto-restarts.

I have hard rest/wiped the phone and manually installed the apps I need without using any sort of smart switch to bring over potentially faulty settings. 

I also have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 4s which will sometimes pickup a stutter but not fully disconnect, again more with Spotify than XM.

Watching the codecs in developer mode I don't see a specific issue. With BT options, the Sennheiser's and the Soundcore are 5.2. 

Alternatively I have significant issues inside of my car with my Pioneer NEX5700 Deck while Android Auto is running. When Waze is changing map direction whatever is playing through spotify stutters like an old Discman without the skip memory. BT 4.2 is default on the head unit.

I didn't have issues with my S22Ultra. This handset isn't something I can warranty at a counter and wait for a replacement as I need it for MFA, so if someone has a great solution or if someone from Samsung can send a new unit to swap out, that's fine, but I'm not going to hand this over to someone at a counter.

16 Replies
Luka499
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I've noticed these issues too. Especially with my car it just connects and disconnects incessantly. I tried to turn of Bluetooth but it just turns itself back on right after I tap the toggle on both my notification bar and in the actual settings app
simhasrn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have same issue with car T5 android system the first para u mentioned,i am also good in tech.this happens when we use maps and music at the same time.once the direction voice comes on maps the audio toggle switch of in bluetooth.no issue with other phones like samsung like s20fe 5g,F22

0 Likes
usernYjwCi5HK0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It's super frustrating as I bought two of these flagship phones and the simplest thing to use them for...music streaming...is a hassle.

Pam669
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine used to connect to my F250 and in the past couple of days it suddenly won't connect. I am beyond frustrated because I have to have hands-free options in my vehicle
usernYjwCi5HK0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree. Even with stock head units in vehicles this shouldn't be a problem for a $1500 device.
shawncooke1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue with my 2014 Ford edge with sync one. Never had trouble before, and now I have to unpair then searching and pair again to get it to work. Same with my other car. Usually connects to my earbuds just fine though
0 Likes
Anbrlyn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue. When I first got my s24 I had Bluetooth earbud connection issues but my car worked fine. After a few system updates everything was working great and I thought they fixed the issue but then after the most recent update I'm back to my earbud not connecting, or the only way I can get it to connect is if I restart my phone or reset bluetooth/wifi settings and it's a fresh connection each time. I'm now having problems with my car Bluetooth not connecting at all.

Nas_ATL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have connection delays with my S24 Ultra and my galaxy buds pro 2. There is definitely slowness connecting that I did not have with my S22 Ultra and the same buds.
user1520
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the audio cutout and stutter on some car steros and others are fine. It seems to cutout when driving around bridges and power lines maybe. No issues using my galaxy buds and Bluetooth speakers in the house. It seems to be a wireless interface issue. I've had these exact issues with iPhones for years and now it seems it's become a Samsung issue as well. I never had one Bluetooth stutter on my s21 and s23 ultra. This is very disappointing. I'll be returning my s24 ultra for a OnePlus 12. This is unacceptable for a device this price. Also I've noticed the range of how far I can walk away from my phone before it disconnects has severely diminished.
0 Likes