Original topic:

S24 Ultra takes horrible indoor photos

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 01:44 AM)
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Last night I took photos of my daughter at home and the result was horrible indeed. Such an expensive flagship phone and this horrible quality is unbelievable. The photo is too noisy, unreal colors and bad details (Scene optimizer was off to get better results and I'm on latest update of February). Check it below:

20240309_090549.jpg

ā€ƒI took another photo by iPhone 15 pro max and couldn't believe how good the result was. True colors, detailed and without noise:

IMG_20240309_092242_531.jpg

ā€ƒIt's really disappointing to buy such an expensive so-called flagship and for months just do the play of report and fix to get a good camera! Whatever reason, I know it's Samsung software messing photos....

19 Replies
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

obviously Samsung needs to fix something....

0 Likes
saadsabri
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

You are talking about iPhone 15PM? My S24 Ultra is nowhere near my S23 Ultra. The photos of S24U are super grainy, not detailed and absolutely smudged in comparison to my S23U. I hope Samsung provides a fix to it soon enough. Even after the supposed patch that is to fix this, the issue still persists to the point where I can't take a single decent photo. 

alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, the one I compared with is iPhone 15 PM. 

For s23 Ultra, I got a 7 days trial only to compare it with s24U and yes, s23U is better except that it's very much overexposed compared to more natural colors on S24U.

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

and I got a 7 days trial Oppo X7 Ultra to compare it with S24U camera and I believe the only aspect it can beat Samsung is that Zoom photos have more details on Oppo while S24U makes detailed too contrasty and weird looking (and sometimes look smudged..)

0 Likes
Viralpatel007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000008055.jpg

ā€ƒ

Also noticed that ...I was so exited to get best phone on the shelf and especially I bought it for camera but...I haven't been able to take single photo that is not blurry. FYI I don't have Parkinsons...so why my s10 plus takes better indoor photos than s24 ultra...look at the sample ..I moved swing just a bit and it is super blurry...I got this expensive phone to take photos of my kids who generally are never still...what a garbage 

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I got a V ivo X100 Pro and it's very much superior to Samsung S24 Ultra in every aspects including camera (with unbelievably a lot of Lightroom functions pre-installed in the stock photo editor), battery life and double speed video rendering (it's even faster than A16 as I checked in action)... It's my first Chinese phone and it made me think how much of time and nerve I lost to ask Samsung to provide a flagship class camera on their phone! 50MP photos on V ivo are much much better than s24 Ultra as well as the clarity of zoomed photos...

0 Likes
GregorSamsa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

same problem. camera is awful, the picture seems normal for a split second and than immediately turns into oversharpened overstated mess.

Abelbambam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
All S24s take horrible pictures. Shame on Samsung. After paying thousands for this phone. I missed my S22
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

If you paid over $2000 then you overpaid.  Samsung does not charge "thousands" for this device, and even the comments in this thread show how this is subjective from person to person.

0 Likes
Asheq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

its 31st of august 2024 and samsung still does  not improve the camera situation. my samsns s24 ultra is running on android 14, one UI 6.1 with 1 august security update. i wonder when will they fix this. its a shame that we brought a 1500$ phone in the time it was released, some user pre order for it yet we have to wait for a year long for the samsung update to fix things so we can finally utilize the full potential of the so called "android king" 

0 Likes