Original topic:

S24 Ultra which USB-C Hub for DeX

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 06:53 AM)
ShadoweagL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I would like to use my S24 Ultra as a daily driver and replacement for a laptop device. 

To achieve this, I want to connect a monitor via HDMI cable and also use a wired keyboard and mouse. 

Recently I purchased a hub from Anker (Anker 565 11-in-1 USB-C hub) and a 100W Anker charger. Using it to connect the S24 to its USB-C connector, the charger to provide power and HDMI cable to connect to the monitor, and 2 USB-A slots for keyboard and mouse, I was unable to get a signal to the monitor. It did charge the phone and on the phone I was able to use the keyboard for input (but not the mouse). When connecting the phone displays a message that an external display is detected and enables the DeX functionality (seeing from quick settings menu), but it does not move over to the monitor.   

Is there something I have setup incorrectly? Or is something else needed to get DeX going?

Could it be that I purchased the wrong USB-C hub? And if so, is there someone who uses their S24 Ultra as a computer replacement via USB-C hub? Could you reply which USB-C hub you are using with success?

I am able to use my phone with a HDMI to USB-C cable directly connected to the monitor, but am not able to use peripherals or charge while using it.

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@ShadoweagL Just to confirm, you are connecting the USB C cable built into that hub into your S24U's USB C port? 

I have used a few different USB C hubs with my Samsung phones and never had a problem with them connecting to the monitor for Dex. 

ShadoweagL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@LongHiker , Yes that is correct. I connect the integrated

Screenshot_20240402_161810_Samsung Internet.jpg

ā€ƒ

USB-C cable from the hub to the USB-C port of my phone.

0 Likes
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats weird ..my dex works fine.
0 Likes
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It was working fine until last update. Now everything is mess3d up. Mouse won't work. Pendrive won't detect.