Original topic:

S24 ultra doesn't feel smooth as it should

(Topic created: yesterday)
Linky28
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
So I just got the s24 ultra and I don't know what it is but it doesn't feel as smooth and fluid as it should for a 1300 phone. Like scrolling across the home screen pages it has micro stutters or it just doesn't feel like 120hz and opening and closing app drawer the refresh rate goes down or it stutters idk which one. App animations seem okay. Like compared to my pixel 9 pro xl it seems this phone is not nearly as buttery and compared to my iPhone too. Thinking on returning the phone maybe. 
11 Replies
thepurplearmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You can sort it out in developer mode i think.
0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 Ultra was smooth as silk from day one, still is. Do you have your motion smoothness set to adaptive (in display settings)?
Linky28
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It is on, yes. Okay so I wiped the cache and reset it and it seems to be running better.
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ˜Š Sounds good. I have also had to wipe the cache numerous times, and at another member's suggestion. I now wipe the cache fairly regularly (at least once a week, and immediately following any update I have installed), and have had far less anomalies pop up. Have a good one!
Fr8shkr86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Never wiped it on my S24, where and how?
0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition. Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Power key to select. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Sounds like a soft reset
0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Just make doubly sure you don't select 'factory reset ' option when you do this (this is one of the other options displayed).
0 Likes
Fr8shkr86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Ahhh yeah, do it thru the bootloader, never thought about doing it that way. Good stuff man, I def appreciate it!
0 Likes