Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra Video Playback Lag

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 07:34 AM)
Quesadillaman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey all

So I just got my S24 Ultra a few weeks ago, and I've noticed that whenever I'm streaming anything (whether it be on WiFi or cellular data) on TikTok, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, Instagram Reels, etc., the video gets choppy/laggy randomly, and as soon as I touch the screen it becomes smooth again, or it smoothens out after a few seconds and then gets back to being choppy/laggy. Has anyone else has this issue? 

Samsung support couldn't help one bit - They pretty much told me reset my settings, which I did, and it still didn't fix the issue. Once I told them that it was still persisting, they recommended I take it to a UBreakIFix store and they couldn't help me either and said they don't know why Samsung would even send me to them.

28 Replies
Michael_G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been having the same issue since I got my s24. I submitted a report through the Samsung Members app and they just said they would tell the software team about it and didn't offer any solutions or help. This was about 3 weeks ago. I honestly think they don't plan to do anything about this.

gratefuldoug
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same exact issue and it's pissing me off to the point of reverting to my S20 NoteUltra
cadetf250
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have also had this issue when watching movies/videos on Amazon Prime Video. It plays good for a while then starts getting choppy. I will submit a report also
Deepak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having same issues on prime.

cadetf250
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Found a temporary fix... change the battery optimization of the Prime Video app to Unrestricted. Go to Prime Video App Setting > Battery > Unrestricted.
0 Likes
the1dos3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Turn off hardware acceleration in the amazon prime video app
0 Likes
Hareesh Chintada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello

I also have this issue. Do samsung know about this?  Are they going to fix this??

Hareesh Chintada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have this issue in samsung s24 plus.

Request samsung team to help with the fix

user9AcHBMR7OT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue I had and I reached out to samsung support and they didn't do **bleep**