JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra heating and battery draining fast even on light usage

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 05:29 PM)
AP900
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got s24 ultra recently and phone is heating up and battery draining faster than expected. Please provide fix for it..
JUMP TO SOLUTION
119 Replies
KhalidHadi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
When I use my phone for 30 minutes in video call or YouTube it gets heated to the point where I cant hold in it my hands and mind you I live on the east coast where it's currently 31 degrees during the day. I contacted sumsang they will replace my phone . Is anyone having the same experience? 
Anyone who lives in a warmer hotter climate what are your experiences? 

I am living in the east coast with 31°F temperatures, I want to know because I travel to very hot regions where the temperatures get 110F
chkrz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. I noticed when I was setting mine up how hot it got.
userdS71qKtimG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I am having the same overheating issues... I can just be on a simple non-video phone call, and the phone heats up to 99 degrees F. And even went up to 103 ° F when I was shopping on Instacart for food delivery and checked on a YouTube comment response!!! I called Samsung immediately, and they are sending me a replacement by February 27th... it's a long wait, but a phone that is overheating from light usage is dangerous!!!
0 Likes
userdS71qKtimG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in New York, and it's been in the 30° temperature range. Do not use that phone in a hot climate... protect yourself!
0 Likes
Matthew40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have both the S20 Ultra and the S24 Ultra. My S20 Ultra can run games on the highest settings without getting warm to the touch and watch videos in HD without getting warm to the touch. I run the same games and videos on my S24 Ultra, and it is really, really warm. My hands actually get uncomfortable. I have the same setup and all. Even when I ramp down the graphics in those same games, it gets uncomfortably warm. This is very concerning. And this is while in my air-conditioned home. It's 70°. Why is the S24 Ultra getting so much hotter?
0 Likes
DarthBrent
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got mine, and it has started doing that. I haven't used it much at all today and it's only 60 degrees outside. Screen time show I've used my phone for 30 minutes in 3 hours and my phone has dropped fromm 99 to 62% and is really hot
0 Likes
user1sGeCHCE3L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having the same issue. Called Customer Care and it will be returned. Tech support blamed the case
0 Likes
Bxtrinigyal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a S24 and I'm having the same issues. My battery is draining quick and it gets really hot when playing games and video calls. I was wondering if it's the case I'm using (which is a clear ottabox case) but it happens even when I remove the case. I called Verizon and they are replacing the device.
0 Likes
Chelsey3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got mine today and mine is burning up too and I just set it up and it's burning up. Hasn't been going but an hour
0 Likes
Afrolintin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is anyone else having issues with there s24 ultra heating up doing basic tasks? I was thinking maybe it's because of the bigger vapor chamber and it's distributing the heat better, but Facebook, YouTube, and 8 ball pool make it feel like a mini heater😬