JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra heating and battery draining fast even on light usage

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 07:13 AM)
AP900
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got s24 ultra recently and phone is heating up and battery draining faster than expected. Please provide fix for it..
119 Replies
RTG_Dallas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I do apologize for the experience you're having with your S24 Ultra. My only recommendation is if this problem continues, maybe take it to a Samsung Care center. No promises or guarantees. However, I do believe they can run a better diagnostic of it and maybe find a defect or bug.

I do hope this helped!
Flash2557
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It did I will take it over and if they don't do anything I will just wait for the next update
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I would wait for a software update as this usually solves the problem
Flash2557
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Alright, hopefully this phone is way better this is than my previous phone
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah last year mine was heating up but after the update, it seems to have gone away so hopefully that's the case this year
0 Likes
rhonjudge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Dear Samsung Users, 

Is it normal for the 45W adapter to get very slightly warm when charging the phone? Also, my phone gets very slightly warm too. I am using the samsung 45W adapter that includes 5A cable.

Note: I don’t use the phone while charging. I turned off the wifi/mobile data and exit all the apps. 

Another concern:

When I tried to plug in the adapter to the socket, the silver tip from the adapter sparked. There was a trace of a black substance, so I wiped it with a cloth, and it disappeared. However, upon closer inspection, there is still a slight trace on the silver tip. Does that affect the health of the battery of the phone? Could that be the reason why my adapter gets slightly warm when charging, and the same for the phone?

0 Likes
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes...
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it is normal for the phone and brick to get slightly warm, especially if your device is very low on battery. It will use more power to get to 50%, and then it will slow down using less power.
0 Likes
Raja Hamz Rehman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My phone gets really hot when I'm using 45w charger then i bought samsung charger 25w but it gets warm as well on that. Also when I'm on video call phone gets warm upto 100F temperature  and its feels really warm in hand. I haven't tried gaming yet I know it will get hot.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Regarding the battery life, if you just recently purchased the phone, this is completely normal for the battery to drain a little faster than normal while in use for the first couple of days once the adaptive battery learns your usage pattern, you'll notice that the charge will last a longer.  Keep using your device in the meantime, so that it will learn your usage patterns. Something to keep in mind too, when there's a big update, it may reset the learning patterns, that's why some may experience this after updates.  If it doesn't get better within a few days it may be an application that's causing the drain, Check out this link; https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001388/

Regarding your device overheating, I recommend checking out the following troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ 

If those troubleshooting steps are followed, and you still are having issues, I would recommend taking the device to a technician to perform diagnostics or a potential reflash of your software. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes