Original topic:

S24 ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
Latsat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

For the last few months, most apps haven't been working when my S24 ultra has been connected to my home WiFi network. If I disconnect and go back to mobile data, the apps work fine. No other devices in my house are having this issue including multiple laptops, gaming consoles, tablets, my smart TV, and others. The weird thing is that some apps *do* work on wifi including my phone's web browser and Snapchat. But apps like google drive, magzter etc and others just don't work at all and will give me errors about no connection being available.

I have already tried the following steps with no success:

1. Enable and disable airplane mode
  2. Deleted my WiFi network on my phone and reconnected to it
  3. Reset Connection and Network settings on the phone
  4. Rebooted the phone
  5. Reset/power cycle my router and modem
  6. Tried turning off some intelligent WiFi features
  7. Made sure my phone is on the latest firmware version and that Google Play Services is up to date
  8. Updated all apps on my phone
  9. Cleared the cache of apps that wouldn't work on WiFi

Even after all of that, the issue persists. I have not changed any settings in my router or modem since this issue began and have the same network hardware I had when I got the S24 at launch 

Any help on this would be appreciated. Really don't want to resort to a factory reset on my phone after how long it took me to get everything configured how I like it - especially because there's no guarantee that will fix the issue, either.

I copied similar query by another samsung user as mine is also same problem. I tried the solution you gave by switching off the mobile and restart with volume button pressed to access recovery mode, but it never appeared in my case. How to solve this issue please

2 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Try running the wifi diagnostics here in the Members app available on the Support tab. You can also create an error report there, which goes to Samsung tech support to make them aware of your problem.
0 Likes
PAHelper
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I was having disconnected randomly and I heard that turning WPA3 on router corrects which it did. Something about android 14 and wifi6.
0 Likes