JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 09:04 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

89 Replies
dani514
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
from what I read this is not a issue that post you mentioned if it's the one I'm thinking of was it from android headlines? it is normal for the image to shift when switching lens bc the lens are in differnce places compared to each other. This is normal nothing to worry about. It's not a hardware issue. if you notice some phones like iPhone and even some Samsung don't lens shift it is bc it is zooming in view one lens and just cropping in. thsts why when you manually select the lens/zoom it will shift. also on camera assistance do you have auto lens assistance disabled or is it selected
0 Likes
Wabs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The defective focus, also affects my video camera.  The object I am focusing on stutters or shifts, as if the item or person has the jitters.  

0 Likes
karanmalhotra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Today is my 13th day with my Galaxy S24 Ultra. Day 13 with my Galaxy S24 Ultra. While I'm still getting used to the new display and the color tone, which I find very pleasant, I'm having issues with the camera when I switch between lenses, especially between 3 and 5. Also, the camera makes a clicking noise during these transitions. I have attached a video to illustrate this.

My curiosity led me to Google, where I found that many others are having the same issues. Samsung has confirmed these issues with some first batch devices in India, but still decided to sell them. Fortunately, I was able to arrange an exchange through the Samsung online store and my new order is in process. Since I opted for a trade-in, I am not sure about the process.

If possible, please check your devices for similar issues. It appears that those of us experiencing these issues received devices from the first batches. My device is a gray 512GB variant, manufactured in Korea.

moni816
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I contacted Samsung Canada Technical Chat Support, and they know about this issue & said It will be fixed in the upcoming update. I do not how true this statement is, I guess we have to wait & see.

0 Likes
janek
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue for users in czech republic, S24 ultra made in vietnam , Some users experience also slight tilt for 3x camera ....

karanmalhotra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes i observed that too bit on .06 to 1x

0 Likes
Czar3179
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine has the same problem. After you zoom in +5, the screen goes black,, hopefully they will fix the problem soon.
0 Likes
ALX3000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

To whomever says it's normal...see my video I uploaded on X.

💥💥💥

My old dusty s20 Fe Vs. My s24 Ultra

You can clearly see the a20Fe is WAY BETTER than the s24 Ultra.

Hard facts! Cant be denied..

https://twitter.com/S24Ultron/status/1754713244567281773?t=sZ4NnOROJBASKnwKuTWLEQ&s=19

MattATX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue with my S24Ultra and my wife has similar blurring issues when zooming in (especially in video mode).  I do hope there is software fix for this... I think the problem is much less if I disable video stabilization but that is not a fix.

0 Likes
Manchild
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue, chat for technical support and product support did not help. They pushed me over to call warranty, I have not done yet. May just return and not deal with this as reordering my device I have to return all items and price match and play around with that. Absolutely ridiculous they don't give replacements.
0 Likes