JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 07:44 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
89 Replies
Maverick75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Im noticing that image shift when zooming in. I'm pretty bummed out about this.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
That's because it crops in the view at 5x. The resolution is the same at 200MBs at 1x zoom. But if you zoom into the same area on the 1x image as to emulate a 5x view, it would not look as good as the actual 5x image.
0 Likes
Kevinjin813
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
When I tried to take photo of 50MP with 5x zoom in photo mode, the image was so vague on the camera app, and the final picture was better( clearly modified by the algorithm). But it supposed to be using the 5x zoom camera which is 50 MP, I can do this only in pro mode which is 50MP and 5x zoom in. How to take 50mp photo with 5x
Zoom using the 5x zoom lens?

0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It does use the 50x zoom in photo mode, as it automatically defaults to the 50MB lens when zooming to 5x or more. When choosing that zoom it crops in the zoom for resolution quality.

Take one using the 200MB camera at 1x, zoom in about the same amount you think would be the same area of view, and you'd see the quality of the resolution is not as good.
0 Likes
Kevinjin813
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
When I set the resolution to 50MP, the 5x zoom is clearly more vague than 12mp,so I assume it's not using the 5x len,how can I make it using the 5x lens?
1707864094086.jpg1707864094151.jpg
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
OK, I thought I explained already, but I don't think it worked. Look on YouTube and search S24 camera function or something like that.
0 Likes
Memo21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
One question I have is, I just bought my S24 Ultra and I noticed that one of the camera tracer sensors (I mean the one that is below the whole if I'm not mistaken) is the one for the zoom. It moves; rather, it looks tilted to one side and sometimes to the other side. Is it normal for it to move that way and look a little decent?....I think it's normal for it to move, but I don't know if it's normal for it to be noticeably uneven, depending on how the cell moves from one side to the other. Does anyone else experience the same thing, or is it normal?

davidvanchu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This is normal, it's the optical image stabilization system.
0 Likes
Memo21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
OK, I understand, thank you for making me that clarification.
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think mine moves
0 Likes