JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 07:44 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
89 Replies
faisalz07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Same camera issue with my S24 Ultra which is made in Vietnam.

faisalz07
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Same camera zoom shift issue with my S24 ultra as well. I am having my previous S23 ultra and when I compared the camera results side-by-side the S23 ultra results were way better specially in night (phots and videos both). S24 Ultra is applying tons of softness to the night shots to an extent that they looks cartoonish, and videos are too dark and grainy at night which used to be much brighter and clearer in S23 Ultra. I am not sure if these issues exist only in a few specific devices because in youtube comparison videos S24 Ultra is much better.

0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue as well with the switching between 3x and 5x lenses and another small issues like weird light contrast adjustment and stuff. I'm still hoping the issue can be fixed with a software update otherwise I'll be really disappointed with Samsung. 

0 Likes
littlecloudgz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I called samsung technical support today. They, of course, ask you to do all the reset first, I did camera reset and factory reset. I told them that. They didn't question too much, then transferred me to their e-commerce department to order a new one. The only option is to return the one I have and order a new one. They make sure I get the same price as I did as pre-order. Sounds like Samsung knows the issue. They just don't want to recall the first wave of the phone, which is terrible. Call them if you have the same problem. I hope my new order will be fine.
0 Likes
Sors
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

There is no hardware problem here. Let me explain it exactly why you see this camera shift and why you don't see it on IPhone. You would mostly notice this problem when you switch between different zoom cameras on phones with 2 or more zoom cameras that has about similar zoom distance cameras and the lens placement is far from each other's. For example you won't notice the same problem if you switch between 1x to 10x but you could see this problem from 1x to 3x or 5x. If you look at s24u carefully you could see that when you switch to 3x the picture shift to the right side because the 3x sensor is on the right side of phone and when you use 5x you could see a slight shift to down because 5x camera is below 200mp 1x camera compare to 1x so everything is normal here. About IPhone also you don't see this problem because IPhone camera app intelligently use digital focus on near objects instead of using optical one! You could get similar experience by using pro video mode in Samsung camera app. For photos also you could download good lock app then camera assistant app and try clearing cache and data of camera app then turn off "auto lens switching" on camera assistant app and close the app then open it again and turn on "auto lens switching" now you could see much better transition between lenses but still there is a little differences between 3x compare to 1x and 5x but much better than before.

At the end I strongly suggest not using smart switch for transferring data between s24 ultra and your older phone because I experienced so many bugs with camera screen and wifi using this option that never existed when doing factory reset and feresh install of every app. I know how frustrating it is to not use smart switch but, with so many bugs I experienced using that option is not worth it.

userXZDOaUjeRh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here they don't want to recall they want to reorder which is kind of bad
Yeeon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem! When I switch from 1x to 3x in video mode, the colors get darker and turn blue. I tested it out by recording a zooming video from 1x to 3x using the Instagram camera, there was no issue. If this Instagram camera app doesn't have this issue, then it's probably not a hardware problem. Hopefully, an update will fix it. I also noticed that the colors are fine when switching between 1x and 3x in photo mode, but not in video mode.
Thagika
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is not a hardware issue just software even s22 ultra has this issue solution is either samsung put a better Marco detection (this only happens on small objects you close up to) or give manual macro mode 

0 Likes
user5NiGecUAis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone else experiencing the front facing camera moving or is it just me?

chris_trammel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Compared to my s22 Ultra, the camera seems very hypersensitive to movement. Like if I move my hand even in the slightest it's clearly visible and it almost makes it seem like the camera is shaking. Is anyone else experiencing this? And do you you know if this will get fixed in the future?

Edit: I'm mostly use the in-app camera on Instagram, which is where I'm seeing this problem. I haven't tested it with the regular camera yet.