Original topic:

Samsung Care Plus not replacing phone for charging port problem

(Topic created: 08-13-2024 06:55 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24

This is another example of Samsung false advertising. When I place my order for my Samsung Galaxy s24 ultra I inquired about the Samsung Care Plus. I was told that purchasing this and paying $15 a month for it would mean that anything that happened to the phone would be taken care of. I have found that that's not true The charging port is now causing me problems they want it to be diagnosed they want it to be repaired and they would do anything to not replace my phone. As a matter of fact I don't even want to replace with the same phone because they think the phone is junk. I was kind of hoping that I could get the regular s24. The charging board is not working I have the phone a little over 2 months it is a manufacturer defect even after I would have to take it somewhere to get diagnosed I would have to pay $99 in order to have it replaced. I can get the same exact service through asurion through my carrier. So why am I paying the extra $15 a month for the same service I'm already paying my carrier per month. I thought that this was going to be extra protection. Obviously, that is not the case. I cannot talk to anyone in the claims department I cannot talk to anybody in the warranty department and no one will allow me to speak with a supervisor and I've been hung up on several times when I'm explaining the situation. I do not encourage anyone to ever buy the Samsung care plus plan it is a joke. I have given Samsung a fair shot several times and they're always seems to be an issue and a difference between what they say and what they'll actually do.

7 Replies
Connor17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had their Care since it came out. Has been great! Sounds like you are on a fluke set of service unfortunately but that happens with any insurance. Theirs is by far the best and I have 0 complaints!
Imprezz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Talk to a higher up.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

I have tried to talk to someone higher up but they will not let me without speaking to someone in the warranty department and when I get to the warranty department I ask to speak to a higher up and they tell me that the only thing I can do is take it and have it diagnosed and determined if a replacement is necessary. I do not have transportation to take it anywhere I would simply just like to have it replaced as it was described me when I purchased the extra protection.

0 Likes
LUsrSudo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I hate to point out the obvious, but did you check to see if you have anything in your charging port or charging cable? I work in a dusty environment and i need to use my compressed air to blow debris out of my phone frequently
0 Likes
NoneYa916
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately I believe you misinterpreted what the service is. There is no warranty service that will replace a product just because you say there is an issue. That would not be cost effective for the provider. Not sure why you would think that paying for double insurance for the same product would make sense either. If you have Samsung care there is 0 reason to have coverage through your carrier and vice versa. The easy question here is did you read the terms of service with Samsung care before you agreed to it? If so then you'd realize that they won't just replace it because you say you want them too. Also if they do decide to replace the device it will be a "like for like" meaning you will get the same phone back as long as they have that model in stock. I am guessing as with most insurance for phones there is also a high likelihood it would be a refurbished device and not new but since I haven't needed to replace a device with Samsung care is not 100% that they use refurbished devices. There is no no false advertising or anything here, unfortunately it appears you misunderstood what "take care of" meant. Hopefully you are able to get the phone issue resolved fast.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

It is also my understanding that they will not replace anything based on misuse, and having to replace the charging port is 90% of the time due to misuse.  What Samsung TOLD you is irrelevant, what they have in writing is what they go off of.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't complain too much they'll ban you for 30 days for complaining
0 Likes