Original topic:

Samsung, Please Bring Back AOD Icon Color Notifications or This Will Be My Last Flagship Samsung Phone!

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
MattLaTorra24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have liked my S24 ultra but this is the first time that I am not in love with it like I was with previous S series flagships like my S22U and S23U. Loosing the AOD icon color notifications was a huge downgrade. Same with losing all the AOD clock and brightness features. I don't understand why Samsung would take this away.  The only reasonable explanation is that they're slowly trying to force feed us the iphone experience. This is very similar to the iPhone's AOD screen with the all light gray icons and text. The Samsung AOD color icon notifications served a very practical purposes and just visually looked better. Having AOD color icon notifications just makes sense. It a very quick way to identify from a far what type of notification , pertaining to which app, you've received. This was especially useful if your phone was a bit far from you. SAMSUNG, please bring AOD notification color icons back in a software update. I am really disliking your copy cat iPhone AOD screen. The more you  copy the iphone with stuff like this, the more I feel like just getting an iphone. If you're just going to start slow trickling an iphone experience to me, I might as well just go get an iphone (which tbh I am seriously considering after the s24 Ultra if you're just going in that direction anyway). Sad times for a 12 year back to back Samsung owner since the Samsung S3 days. 

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
I have been asking to bring that back too
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
They're not budging with this. They just made their phone dull like the others.
0 Likes