Original topic:

Samsung files keeps going black

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
JuniQueen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Every time I apply for Jobs it tells me to upload my resume and it uses samsung files because that is where it is, anyways when it goes to samsung files it never ever works or is always grayed out. Anyone know how to fix it??? I already cleared data and everything and samsung files never works.
0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't know a fix for Samsung file manager crashing, but there are other file managers in the play store that you can download and make your default file manager.  You can also work around by storing your resume in Google Drive and then trying to upload from there.  I believe when you upload something you can choose the file location.  

Does File manager crash any time you open it, or just when you are trying to upload?

JuniQueen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I change my default file manager? Also it mostly crashes when I upload but sometimes when I just go on it
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
First you have to select one from the play store. I use the Asus Zenfile manager, because a) its a holdover from my Asus phone and I liked it, and B) it has some features that Samsung doesnt have. There are othets, though. After you download it, and you have to upload something I think you can choose the app and select always. That should change the default. I don't remember how to reset drfauls otherwise. Someone else might chime in, but I know the answer is on the forums here if you do a text search. After dinner I'll try to find the answer if you haven't already.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Ah, found it. Go to Apps. Then click the 3 dot menu in the upper right, select Reset App Preferences. This will reset all defaults, including notification preferences.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I dont think you can change the default file manager, bu I just always use the Asus one whenever I manually need to look for a file or see my storage usage, or want to transfer a file to my computer.
0 Likes