JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gallery app crashing

(Topic created: a week ago)
ssimon127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung gallery app won't open and keeps crashing. I have cleared cache and data. It did nothing. Just started. 
100 Replies
Richarc93
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone tried clearing cache and data on the gallery app. I'm afraid of clearing data because I don't know if it will actually delete all the pictures?? I've only deleted cache and that does nothing..
0 Likes
D_Hall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This doesn't solve the problem I tried it already on mine.

Richarc93
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Fixed it... Well, my daughter did.. Problem is with *.heic files.. My son sent 2 pictures via Google messages that are ok on our chat.. But my daughter downloaded the 2 files. And that's when it crashed gallery app. I tried it on my phone that was working fine to test it and sure enough once I downloaded the 2 heic files gallery app crashes. Files came from my son's new iPhone 15 pro max... Which needless to say we've asked him to change those settings now... So use My Files App to find the heic files and delete them. Then make sure to delete trash afterwards... Hope this helps.
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Gallery kept crashing over the last few days, before and after software update. Cleared cache & data, reset the whole phone( not factory), been on the phone with tech support, virtually in my phone(diagnosing the cause), still no fix. Most who have been having this issue, have found out how to get the app back working, as I have(ran on a limb here). Heic files were, indeed the true culprit. Which is weird, due to others stating it was from saving photos from Iphone, however, in my case, heic files were from my samsung. Anyways, to make a long story short, delete the dang heic files !! Go to My files > search "heic" > delete those files/images > and delete trash. After that, go back to gallery and open it.. BOOM !! Crazy how such a thing crashed the app 😑
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung still needs to patch that so it doesn't happen at all.
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They really do! I'm hoping after all the complaints, the do something frfr
userYN8AqZdvfs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My problem is it won't even allow me to open up the files app to clear the heic file =(
0 Likes
katk0816
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've heard others state the files app was affected too😞
0 Likes
Medic98
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Having this issue too. Hopefully they push a fix soon
0 Likes
TreyWash8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
For some reason, on my Galaxy S24 Ultra, any time I try to open the gallery app, it immediately closes. I can't even click on anything. The weord thing is the app os not sending an error that it is crashing. So I can't get in to change wallpapers or anything. Is anyone else experiencing this? And how can we fix? I already cleared the data and cache and force stopped the app.