JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard voice input

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 09:00 PM)
duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

NEW S24 with major bug. No Samsung Keyboard icon on navigation bar and more importantly no voice input icon.

I've tried everything.

-enabled Samsung keyboard as default
-enabled Samsung voice input
-tried clearing cache, deleting data and even uninstall Samsung keyboard and Samsung speech and reinstalling it.
-tried switching to Google Voice typing
-Downloaded offline English language pack
-Show keyboard button is toggled on
-Samsung permissions allow microphone

I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't get the keyboard icon or the voice input icon to show up in the navigation bar.

Please help!
164 Replies
usernrBWwgTndD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Previous thread was marked as solved but it's not. Why would you have mic button in navigation bar and take screen space, it makes no sense. Mic button should be on the keyboard like it is on every other keyboard and device, as well as S23 itself. It's a bug, it's just missing from toolbar.

GpaEd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Where is the MICROPHONE on Samsung keyboard. I have checked all options in General Management. Thanks
0 Likes
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
At the bottom left1706765251539.jpg
Nakisha2000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
  • I just got my S24, Has anyone been able to move the voice to text microphone back to the top of the keyboard. If you have a phone case on it, it is very difficult to navigate the voice to text mic.
micbutton
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I was really looking forward to the new Samsung Keyboard. And while I do enjoy the new features, the voice-to-text button location is a deal breaker for me. 

I like to keep my keyboard as small as possible. And the location uses up a lot of space at the bottom. I would love for the button to be moved back into the bar at the top of the keyboard
MrsTechno
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@tempralstorm
It is now on the bottom left corner under the comma. Outside of the box, so to say.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah... I don't like that location. I get that it makes it easier to reach but I it's a deal breaker for me
MrsTechno
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree it is better the old way.
It flows better up top. I haven't looked to see in the settings if maybe it could be switched. Maybe we'll get lucky.
user8y23eHKIRj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

lmao! I've literally been looking for it for a week, and searching forums and google for the fix.
Thanks lol