JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard voice input

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 09:34 AM)
duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

NEW S24 with major bug. No Samsung Keyboard icon on navigation bar and more importantly no voice input icon.

I've tried everything.

-enabled Samsung keyboard as default
-enabled Samsung voice input
-tried clearing cache, deleting data and even uninstall Samsung keyboard and Samsung speech and reinstalling it.
-tried switching to Google Voice typing
-Downloaded offline English language pack
-Show keyboard button is toggled on
-Samsung permissions allow microphone

I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't get the keyboard icon or the voice input icon to show up in the navigation bar.

Please help!
164 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Your very welcome! Take care
0 Likes
user5gsSYSUyRF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I guess they don't want you using their keyboard. Why on earth would it be in the bottom left?
0 Likes
Nic74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's on the space bar, hold it down it pops up
drdvorak7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
On the Samsung keyboard select the settings icon(cogwheel) > scroll down and select SWIPE, TOUCH, AND FEEDBACK > select TOUCH AND HOLD SPACEBAR > select VOICE INPUT. 

THE MICROPHONE ICON WILL NOW BE ON THE SPACEBAR AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO VOICE TO TEXT.

Took me an hour to find and figure this out. Hope it helps someone) 

Douglas 
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I kinda like where it is natively!1707240523514.jpg
TLRacer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately I hold my phone with my right hand, and trying to get my thumb all the way over to the left side of the 24 Ultra is not convenient. I'm really surprised they did not build in customization so I could move that icon from the left side to the right side. Seems like a no-brainer for left and right handed people to be able to move that icon back and forth.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I didn't even think about that, I hold with my left!
0 Likes
Godluvs1me
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you both! This helped tremendously.
0 Likes
TLRacer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Let's see if this works. It absolutely did work. You are a lifesaver my friend. Cuz I was honestly thinking about returning this phone and going back to my s23 ultra because I use voice to text all the time and it has been driving me crazy since I got this new phone.
0 Likes
sasing1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I can't find the Samsung keyboard on my new S24 ULTRA. I  transferred the apps from my Samsung S20 ULTRA. Please kindly help.

Thanks.

0 Likes