Original topic:

Stolen S24 Ultra - Samsung deemed return as incomplete

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
fpmilanes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung issued a FedEx label for my return of a S24 Ultra 526 gb. I dropped off the package at a FedEx drop-off location on February 2nd, 2024. The package was shown arrived at Samsung Return Center, but the item the phone was missing, Samsung deemed the return is incomplete. I reached out to FedEx for a few days, and finally successfully filed a claim. After days of no communication, FedEx denied my claim (of course they will), when I called in to dispute the solution and provided more information, FedEx said they will stop working with me because Samsung was the one issued the label, and itā€™s in their carrier contract with Samsung that Samsung will need to file claim for loss or damage of the product that uses Samsungā€™s issued FedEx label. I called Samsung Customer Support, and they refused to file a claim with FedEx, they said itā€™s not their job and responsibility to do so, the customer has to do it. At one point, I even had both Samsung and FedEx representatives in the same phone call, FedEx representative again confirmed with me and Samsung representative that Samsung is the one who needs to file a claim with FedEx. Despite hearing that statement from FedEx, the Samsung representative still said no, they wonā€™t do it. It is unbelievable how these two companies denying responsibility right in front of the customer. I even told the Samsung representative that if they donā€™t believe me, they can track the phone's location, they are not in my possession. All they say is they will do their best, itā€™s their top priority to get it done, but itā€™s just words, they provide no solution, nothing. Very shameful to see big companies like FedEx and Samsung treating their customers like trash. I used to advocate for Samsung products with my friends and family, but after this poor customer service experience, I believe they don't even care for their customers, it's like they're condoning thieves. and work with FedEx to cover it.

14 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It wasn't FedEx that stole the phone. It happened at HylaMobile warehouse in Texas. It is my understanding that Samsung has the ability for what they call a triage video. All boxes get videoed when they are opened.

I was on a chat with Samsung yesterday about a pair of buds I sent in, she confirmed that the buds were in the box when opened.

Tell Samsung you want to see the video of this step !
fpmilanes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They have the video, I saw it, and the box was empty. Yes, It was FedEx who stole my cellphone, the box weighed 0.6 pounds and before it got to Samsung warehouse it weighed 0.0 pounds.FedEx knows, and they are willing to pay Samsung when they do the claim. But the problem is that Samsung doesn't want to do the claim.

I have posted in here before and my post was deleted
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It could have been empty before FedEx picked it up because it could have got stolen before FedEx arrived to pickup the package so It couldn't been FedEx this happened many times where the product gets stolen before fedex gets to the package
0 Likes
fpmilanes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I packaged it myself and dropped it at FedEx myself. How was it stolen before FedEx?
0 Likes
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It takes time for FedEx to get the package on the truck the package sits there till FedEx can get it someone could have stolen it during that time
0 Likes
fpmilanes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
When I dropped it, it was a FedEx Office Shipping Center. So, if someone stole it when it was sitting there, it was a FedEx employee still. I can not track it because, for returns, Samsung makes you factory reset it.
0 Likes
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You can also track it if you haven't logged out of your Samsung account they have offline tracking for Samsung phones
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung requires you sign out of all accounts before factory resetting any device you are trading in.

meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Not likely
0 Likes