JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Swipe Gestures Hiding Nav Bar is back!

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 09:47 AM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

They heard you, Samsung has brought back the ability to hide your Navigation Bar and Swipe Gestures.

You will have to download Goodlock and specially NavStar once installed toggled on NavStar, Enable extra gesture settings.

Go to settings. Display, navigation, show more, have fun again. 

Ps. If you already have both apps and you are not seeing those options, Open Goodlick again scroll to NavStar, tap on the more, go to store, there will be an update waiting. For some reason it isn't showing up in updates

384 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
All you have to do is download Goodlock and follow my instructions to get it back.

Just stop with the histrionics
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Everyone, please consider leaving requests for removing the gesture hints via reviews on the navstar store page. Those reviews are read directly by the developers and have the best shot of garnering a reaction.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Dear Tipsy,
Do you want your gesture hints back?
Follow my instructions!
How hard is it follow directions, I made it as simple as possible to do it!
0 Likes
userSu5b4NcSPD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Both myself and MANY people on Reddit are upset by Samsung's apparent decision to remove the option to hide the navigation buttons. It seems we're being forced to move to either Android gestures with a permanent bar shown at the bottom of the screen or use standard nav buttons which are also always visible. Samsung has had the option to hide nav buttons for a long time now and many power users prefer it since it allows more screen space and a cleaner experience. Here is the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/19b3c35/samsung_is_removing_the_option_to_hide_android/
ivan311
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
BRING BACK THE HIDDEN NAVIGATION BAR. THE PHONE IS UNUSABLE. I WANT TO RETURN MY S24 ULTRA FOR THIS ONE REASON
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
If you followed my instructions you can still hide the NAVIGATION BAR.
0 Likes
userPr4KKE7ADz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I 10000000 percent agree with this!! I hate that bar bo9cking my videos..dark screen and a thin white bar is atrocious!!
kum1231
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Need this feature for s24
0 Likes
Yerik
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, bring this feature back!
0 Likes
userSu5b4NcSPD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My understanding is that circle to search is activated by a long press on the "home button" the same way assistant is currently activated. It works just fine for for me with a long swipe up from the invisible home button location. I can't figure out why circle to search wouldn't work just as well that way.