Notifications Issues - no sound, no pop up, no badges - oneui 6.1

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 10:37 AM)
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello
I just bought the new S24Ultra with oneui 6.1

And during a couple of days I have installed ~300 applications, as I had on my old note10Plus.

Today I switched over my SIM card, and my Samsung cloud backups from my old phone to the new one so that I can start using the S24U as my daily driver...But I have got surprises:

1. Samsung Messages

Notifications sound is not working. no pop up, no counter badge, no notification on lock screen and none in the notification panel

2. Samsung Email /blue Mail

Same behavior as above

I am trying to setup Whatsapp to also check that but it takes a while since I have a huge backup

I have checked a lot of times the settings and the notification sound is there, and everything else seems to be fine. For some other applications I get notifications.

Do you have any idea what I could try? I do not want to factory reset and lose my work of a few days of installing and configuring. Also I am not sure that will help.

• I tried to clear date/cache of Messages app
  • I tried to clear cache/data of Google play Service app (according to another reddit)
  • I tried to cleat the cache partition from recovery

Thank you

PS 1: WhatsApp works without issues. Sound, pop up, notification on lock screen and in notification panel.
PS 2. Reddit app and Telegram are in the same situation: notifications do not work

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Solved it. In the end I had to reset it to factory settings. Also, I made manual backups of contacts, messages, call logs and I did not restore anything from Samsung Cloud. Then I installed batches of applications  and after each batch checked to see if the notifications work. 

Until now all good. Now I have to arrange them in folders and customize each on of them

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I see that you cleared the cache partition from recovery. After that, did you also go to the bottom? I think it's the last one, and select "repair apps."
I was told by Samsung always to do that when installing updates, ect, along with clearing the cache partition.
I hope this helps.
0 Likes
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I do not seem to have something like that. I also never heard about such an option
I only have:

• Reboot system now
  • Apply update from ADB
  • Apply update from SD card
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe cache partition
  • View recovery logs
  • Runn graphics test
  • Run locale test
  • Power off
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Here's a screenshot for you20240202_140711_1000012227_1706901017.jpg
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I cannot make a screenshot for you, but I can assure you I do not have that.
Also with Android 14, seems that more people do not have this: 
S24 Ultra Repair Apps missing - Samsung Community - 2788705

BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't have "Repair Apps" either (S24U).

20240202_142603 (1).jpg

 

0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry that is my only got to help you. I've only done that on my s23 ultra so I don't know if you have a phone that's older if that's not a function. I would call Samsung and ask **bleep** because that might be where the problem lies because you transferred all your stuff over and something didn't go over correctly and it needs to be repaired. That's very weird
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have ordered an s24 Ultra but I won't be receiving it till February 21st so I'm not able to go under and see if it is on the s24 Ultra Ultra or not but it is definitely on the s23 ultra because that's the phone I'm currently using which I took the screenshot from
0 Likes
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the S24 Ultra. It seems to me from the topics I read here and also on reddit that the Messages app and the Email one, have some issue. Or at least there is something with the software since some applications work (whatsapp) and other do not (samsung email, samsung messages, blue mail, textra, reddit, telegram)

0 Likes
userS7cAIzQZau
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am using Google messages app and I get no sound notification for incoming messages. If I clear the cache it starts working but only for a.little bit and then no sound. I get sound notification for ALL other apps