JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Texts not being received by my SO

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 08:34 AM)
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My boyfriend and I never had problems texting back and forth, now he's not getting most if not any of my texts. We've never experienced this until after I upgraded to S24 Ultra, is anyone else having this issue?? I have AT&T and He has Mint.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you both using Google Messages?

If so is RCS enabled?

What phone is he using?

What's preventing the two of you from using the same carrier?  Could you port him to AT&T or you to Straight Talk? 

There can be cross-carrier messaging problems, especially if there's an iPhone in the mix.

Messaging is virtually always a carrier problem.  It's possible something isn't set up or provisioned properly on your AT&T account.  Have you talked to AT&T tech support?

0 Likes
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have, and AT&T is no help. They said his phone is the issue, which I elaborated on, and we never had this issue until AFTER I got my new phone.. I am doing regular text messaging and not Google messages. AT&T has also been adding a lot of hidden fees to our bill lying to my mom, saying it's cheaper for her to add more people to her line. They have been terrible with their customer service and even charging me for a restocking fee when my first S24 Ultra was malfunctioning, they told me I didn't have to pay anything accept a tax fee of 117, which I had already paid in store, they gave me the tax fee back, but added a 55 restocking fee to my bill which made no sense since it wasn't my fault that the brand new phone wasn't working.
0 Likes
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
He has mint and a LG android phone, to which he receives everyone else's texts fine, just not mine.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I can see how this could be frustrating. The comments you've received from others are accurate. 

- First, make sure that the app you're using to text is completely up to date to the latest version. You can do this simply by visiting the play/galaxy store and checking for updates. 

- Next, You want to make sure your phone is actually completely updated. To do this check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582

-Double-check that your device is not in airplane mode, and that you don't have your phone number registered with iMessage or anything of that nature.

- From there if the symptoms are still persisting, check to see if a third-party application could be causing interference with your texting. Try putting your device into safe mode and send a text at that point. If it goes through, this very well could be the culprit. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983 

-Have your SO check with their manufacturer too to ensure that all their settings and everything are correct on their device and that they have not inadvertently added your number to a block list. Especially if he is the only device that is not receiving your text messages. 

If none of these steps work, because text messaging is a service provider feature, your next step would be to reach out to the carrier and request them to escalate the matter. They should be able to pull logs to see if texts were sent and received and what not, as well as find out if there's any types of signal issues or potential issues with your SIM card. If they are still not able to find the trouble with it, I would request they escalate it to a tier 2 department, as this service does belong to them and they would be responsible for it's operation. 

0 Likes