Original topic:

The new S24 ultra

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 07:46 AM)
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The Galaxy S24 series has arrived, sporting a familiar yet subtly tweaked design now with its almost flat display. Samsung has opted for refinement over radical change, and the results areā€¦ well, mixed.

The biggest design change comes to the Ultra model, which finally ditches the curved edges for a flat display. This is a long-awaited move by many users who prefer the grip and S Pen compatibility of flat screens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

472 Replies
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
So right now I am on the Galaxy s22 ultra, I recently pre-ordered the Galaxy s24 ultra.
I was just reading that the Galaxy s24 ultra will be shipping with the new UI 6.1
And what they did was they removed the ability to hide the gesture hint bar at the very bottom of the screen which I have read a lot of people including me are upset about Not only does it push up your keyboard it also takes away some of your screen size. This is all for the use of Samsung's new circle to search feature which you can also disable in settings but they did not give you the option to hide the gesture bar on the bottom which I am extremely aggravated about! Not only does it push your keyboard upward by 5 mm it also pushes up your icon dock throwing everything off I went so far as to try and cancel my pre-ordered Galaxy s24 just because of it and I wasn't the only one trying to do this!
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It appears there are a few things that were not mentioned by Samsung re the 24. I, too, preordered the 24 ultra, not knowing this information. The only way you may cancel your order while processing directly from Samsung is on the app SHOP. There, they do give you the option to cancel your order.
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I just found a way to minimize this issue if you have good luck app you going to nav star and they're awesome options which make the gesture bar much smaller invisible and they no longer push the keyboard upwards and you don't lose any screen real estate I just found this out about 4 minutes ago on this very site, So as long as this little thing works then I'm happy
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Cheers for that informative truly appreciate itšŸ‘šŸ»
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
See what I mean I have the gesture bar resized and it's not even pushing my keyboard up1705938579632.jpg1705938628840.jpg
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It's completely ridiculous and I'm really hoping they revert it. The google circle search (it's a Google feature being added first to samsung devices, not a samsung feature) is a complete gimmick and not at all worth removing a critical element of user customization.

We buy samsung devices to have a samsung experience, not a Google one.
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree fully.its easy enough to swipe up from the bottom corner and have assiant pop up and u can search screen right from that directly.samaung making a big thing of this circle to search like it's A.I ! I just don't want no **bleep** gesture bar .I don't need it
KSal
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hopefully they backtrack on it, I don't like having anything extra down there. Making them transparent with nav star is a little better but all the way gone is much better
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
The real issue is not even the bar alone The issue with me is that it pushes everything upwards meaning you have a decently large space from the bottom of the screen to your space bar on your keyboard and then even your dock icons get pushed up it's like dead space so you actually have a smaller screen when you're viewing web pages or apps except for when you use navstar either way I think it's so stupid that they call this AI when the phone already has Google Assistant which you can swipe inward from the bottom half of the screen and search any thing that is on the screen basically Samsung copied Google Assistant and just called it circle to search and then said oh this is wonderful AI
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
There is an option in NavStar to do that, but it resulted in the following errors:
ā€¢ "Screen Overlay Detected"
ā€¢ Chrome: "This site can't ask for your permission"