Original topic:

The new S24 ultra

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 11:58 PM)
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The Galaxy S24 series has arrived, sporting a familiar yet subtly tweaked design now with its almost flat display. Samsung has opted for refinement over radical change, and the results are… well, mixed.

The biggest design change comes to the Ultra model, which finally ditches the curved edges for a flat display. This is a long-awaited move by many users who prefer the grip and S Pen compatibility of flat screens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

472 Replies
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh this works for me Not only was I able to resize that stupid gesture bar to the size of a pinky it also made it where it doesn't push your keyboard upwards along with your doc icons and you no longer lose any display real estate this I could deal with I haven't ran into any errors. Granted I'm only on UI 6.0 so I'm not sure if this will work for 6.1 as well?
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Did it result in errors on UI 6.1 or 6.0?
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Those screen overlay errors did occur in One UI 5.1. I turned it off so the error would go away.
The error occurs only when the Show/Hide Nav Bar option is enabled, and the user has turned the nav bar on and off a couple of times.
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
U said 5.1 did u mean 6.1
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
One UI 6.1 hasn't been released on older devices yet.
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Cheers for the informative
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
These two changes are legitimately enough to make me consider another brand. If I'm going to be forced to use stock Android features and not be allowed to customize, what the **bleep** am I doing not using a stock Android phone?
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I am extremely aggravated about this I just tried to cancel my pre-ordered Galaxy s24 ultra because of this. Right now I'm on a Galaxy s22 ultra . I don't want that stupid gesture bar taking up space pushing my keyboard upwards along with my doc icons upwards and taking up screen space I'm not going to use circle to search what do I need to have this bottom gesture hint bar!
Iceblu12177
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes exactly,
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I believe you should have a choice.  I did find a way to make the nav bar tiny on 6.0.  Hopefully it will still work on 6.1.  Wonder what else we will lose.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes