Original topic:

Third Party App

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

Since I got my new S24 earlier this year I am not able to access an app. It is called Remote Care 24/7, used to get messages from my mother's fall protection device. I was able to get alerts on my previous Samsung phone. I checked with the device company and their tech said that it is not on their side.

My brother who has an iphone has no problem viewing the app.

Renzo

13 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried it on another Samsung Device?
0 Likes
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Don;t have another device, it worked on my previous Samsung device.

0 Likes
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

and don't have previous device unfortunately

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

It is possible the company that developed the app has to tweak something to make it compatible with the new UI.  Was your previous device it worked on running Android 14?  Are you sure you have all notification settings enabled for the app?

0 Likes
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you. The company said all is good, my brother on iPhone has no issue. Checked all the settings on my phone too. I had no issues on previous Android phone.  I am almost ready to give up.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried going to settings/apps/(app name)/storage and the emotying the cache and data? Emptying the data means you will just have to log in again. That may clear up the issue. It basically has the same effect as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Do you have notification categories turned on, or just the generic notifications allowed? Go to settings/notifications/advanced settings/manage notification categories for all apps snd make sure it's turned on. Then return to the app settings/notifications, click on the notification categories and make sure they are all enabled. See if that helps.
0 Likes
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Many thanks realaud, you are more help than Samsung help when I called them. Still nothing. When I click on the app it opens for 2 seconds then closes. Almost ready to give up.

0 Likes
Souzdal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Think I may just give up but **bleep** off, lol.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

So, this is sounding like a different problem now.  Are you not getting notifications, or is the app not opening in the first place?

You can try actually uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power button (side button) until it reboots, letting go of both buttons as soon as you see the Samsung logo.  Once in recovery mode, use your volume down key to highlight  "clear cache partition", press the side button to select, use the vol down key to select "yes" or "y" (whichever you see) and then press the side key again to confirm. The phone will reboot normally.  After the complete reboot and everything has finished loading, reinstall the app.

I used to have such an app when my mother was alive.  I know you want the incident notifications, but I think between you and your sibling, as long as one of you is getting notifications, you should be OK. The plan I used with my mother also had web access so that I could check incidents (which doesn't really help after the fact), but at least I'd know if I missed something.

0 Likes