JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unwanted Norton Scan pop ups

(Topic created: 08-12-2024 04:01 PM)
user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm getting unwanted Nortan virus scan pop-upson my new Samsungs24ultra phone. I do not have a Norton subscription and it appearsas a scam. It's starting I have viruses however I have the McAfee subscription that scans my device and it's clear. This Norton pop up comes randomly and frequently when I'm playing Words With Friends 2 that I have been playing for several years. I have disabled pop ups, attempted to block this site which is (logaudit.icu) to no avail. I have disabled Chrome and Samsung internet as well and it still pop up. How can I remove this permanently?
0 Likes
17 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Ads or makware etc affect both brands the same
0 Likes
Llbe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem, and I bet thousands of other WWFs players do, too. It doesn't act like an ad. It opens tab after tab - dozens - warning you of viruses and trying to get you to click on a phishing link. The problem only occurs when using the WWF2 app. I, too, have run a virus scan on my phone, and it comes back negative. Would like to report the problem to WWF, but there doesn't seem to be a way. They are about to lose my patronage.

user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I hate that it's happening to multiple people, but I'm glad to know it's not just my issue. I will try to reach to Zynga who owns that gaming app, if they can't address it I will have to stop the app which I hate to bcuz I've been playing for about 15 years and will lose my progress.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Would be the game cause the ads
0 Likes
Members_kvPGeWO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here - Norton ads being generated by Words With Friends 2. Suspect it's rogue code in the game. These are not the usual ads shown after a game is complete.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You can also use Good Lock's Nice Catch module to see which app is sending the ad.  In the Nice Catch settings turn on "detect commercials".

Solution
user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
To all my issue appears to be resolved by Zynga owners of WWF2. I reached out to their customer support and advised of the Norton pop up issues, someone from their team reached back out and stated they reset my gaming app and told me to force stop and reopen the app and I have not received a pop up since. Additionally, they will be checking into the overall issue because I stated that it appears to happen to multiple people.
scrammers
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Unwanted Norton Scan pop ups
0 Likes