JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using android messages with bixby when the screen is off

(Topic created: 06-28-2024 02:18 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24

I've decided to go back to android messages for a while because i prioritize some of the abilities that it has vs. Samsung messages. I can use bixby wake up for Android messages when my phone is on. However. If the screen is off and I ask bixby to send a message, it tells me that samsung messages need to be enabled to accomplish my request. My question is, is there a way to get bixby to use android messages when my screen is off?

Thank you in advance
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Try Google messages> message settings, tap open> advance, tap open>Galaxy devices, or text on Galaxy devices, tap open > toggle on to allow messages and calls, which Samsung controls.
Options
Galaxy S24
I have text on Galaxy devices on. There aren't any more options after that1719610046427.jpg
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry Ć bout that, here's the screenshot. 1719610460244.jpg
Options
Galaxy S24
So, I simply had to enable samsung messages even though I will be using android messages. With phone screen off, I ask buxby to send a message. It will be sent through samsung messages but still shows up on android messages. And, with the phone open, bixby will use android messages to send a text when I ask it to.
Solution
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, Samsung's smartphones and tablets use the Android operating system (OS) developed by Google. However, Samsung modifies OS with its own design elements and features. If I set Samsung message as my "default app" I receive a pop-up, "Connect with Google Messages," tap to connect, but if I choose not to connect, then Samsung would be my default message app, not Google (I'm using Google messages with Bixby) You can also configure the settings in Bixby and its Quick Commands settings.
0 Likes