Original topic:

Video recording shaking, stuttering S24

(Topic created: 08-19-2024 04:00 PM)
Dreamspinner3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having serious issues recording video on my S24.  I've had two different ones and, so far, it has happened on both.  Both are new phones, haven't been dropped, using using the stock camera app.

On my first one, T-Mobile allowed me to get a brand new phone to replace my original one since Samsung wanted me to ship it to them for repairs under warranty, leaving me without a phone for who knows how long.

Now today, the brand new replacement phone is doing the same thing!  

Video from the first phone: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kkBLbog4ar4M7vuG7

Video from the second phone: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QgnsxJ8vwksBAs3L8

I've seen other people complaining about the same problem on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, & other social media platforms, and usually it is the S24 Ultra that is having the issue.

Is Samsung going to do anything about this problem or is it just going to leave us hanging with obviously defective phones?

14 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
You need to see if the problem occurs in safe mode, too. You might have a third-party app that is causing your phone to hang intermittently. Safe mode prevents such apps from loading into memory and causing the problem. If the camera works better in safe mode, you will need to identify and uninstall the guilty app.
0 Likes
Dreamspinner3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried that on that first phone, along with every other troubleshooting suggestion Samsung & T-Mobile suggested, including a couple of factory resets. I'll try it again on the "new" phone, however.
0 Likes
MikeDeezy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
And if it persists, report it as a bug to Samsung
0 Likes
Dreamspinner3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it happens in safe mode
0 Likes
Cindi_l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Any update? My samsung galaxy s24 ultra has been doing this for maybe five months now.

0 Likes
Dreamspinner3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I got another phone, which continue to have some of the same problem but not nearly as noticeable as the first phone. I guess I've just learned to live with it.
0 Likes
ShyGalaxy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Its the new higher res cameras that have made the s24's video taking unstable and shakey. S24's video specs are flawed and make u feel like u have Parkinsons.

With the higher resolution Galaxy s24 has it's lost the anti shake buffer that helped the older model videos roll smooth. I hate to say it here, but the iPhone is better tuned than Galaxy and their video outputs are super smooth.

Sometimes more power and resolution are not the answer. I still take smooth videos with my old s20 and regret buying the 24.
Dreamspinner3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the explanation. I regret buying mine too.
Morgro269
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here.  S24 Ultra and the video is incredibly shakey.  Extremely disappointed.

0 Likes