Options
Galaxy S24
I do 🤪
0 Likes
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Unlocked in America, AT&T carrier. No update.

I figured unlocked purchased directly from Samsung would get into the VIP line, but...nope. 🤣
KCharis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep, unlocked over here in the US and still waiting. Didn't see anything about unlocked not getting it today. Hopefully, it comes through soon.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Sadly, since the Carrier delivers the update, they cater to those on contracts, so the unlocked variants will get theirs last.  It used to be that unlocked devices pointed to Samsung for the updates, so got them first, but now that setting gets changes when you insert a sim, so you go to your Carriers servers.

0 Likes
dalydose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
So what happens if I remove the sim?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Nothing changes.  If you change to a different carrier's sim, then it will provision your device to use the new carriers servers.  This is not a setting that gets rolled back, so you will never get back to using the Samsung update servers.  Even if you could go in and change the server back to the correct Samsung server, it would change back the moment you try to access internet or phone services.

I guess Nothing changes is slightly incorrect as you would lose internet and phone services other than Wi-Fi connected ones.

0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
What if I removed the Sim, then did a factory data reset, then tried to update on wifi 🤔 🤪?
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
😢 that's such a pain 😢
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
What does that say, please?
0 Likes
rebelwolf4622
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

This isn't it it. This is still 6.1 not 6.1.1 that's what we're waiting for. And it's still an August patch not September 

0 Likes