JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is this purple line on the left side of screen?

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 08:33 AM)
userkfAeKTOAP6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000051908.jpg

 can someone please tell me what the purple line in on the left side of screen 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@userkfAeKTOAP6 So if it appeared after you restored, it is probably some malware that was reinstalled. Try booting into safe mode. If the screen is correct while booted in safe mode, it is definitely caused by some 3rd party software. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@userkfAeKTOAP6 First change your background back to something else. Just to make sure that pink line isn't part of the background image. If that pink line remains, run the screen diagnostic in the Samsung Members app. 

userkfAeKTOAP6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's for sure not something wrong with the screen. It was on my note 20 ultra/ when I purchased this s24 it was not on the phone/ when I restored from backup it re appeared 😒1717215454474.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@userkfAeKTOAP6 So if it appeared after you restored, it is probably some malware that was reinstalled. Try booting into safe mode. If the screen is correct while booted in safe mode, it is definitely caused by some 3rd party software. 

0 Likes
userkfAeKTOAP6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Tried that, and the line was gone in safe mode! How do I figure out which software it is?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@userkfAeKTOAP6 Unfortunately that will take a while. The fastest way is to remove half of the 3rd party apps and reboot.

If the line is gone, then you know it is one of them. Now you can load those one by one and reboot to see if the line comes back. When the line returns, you know it is the last app that you reloaded. 

If the line is still there after removing half the apps, then go back to the step above and remove half of the remaining apps. Continue until you find evil app.