Original topic:

WhatsApp video call battery drain

(Topic created: yesterday)
Heewit89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I recently purchased the S24 Ultra, and overall, I’m extremely happy with the phone. The battery life has been impressive, and I haven’t had any reason to complain until today, when I made my first video call.

On my previous S21 FE, I would experience around 10% battery drain during a 1-hour WhatsApp video call. However, today on my S24 Ultra, the battery dropped by 15% in just 40 minutes. This seems quite excessive. Additionally, the phone became really hot during the call — even hotter than it gets during some intense gaming sessions.

I’m wondering if there are any AI features or hardware optimizations running in the background that might be causing this issue. Are there any settings related to video calls, such as picture quality adjustments, that I could tweak to reduce the battery drain?

Given how well the battery performs with other tasks, I didn’t expect to encounter this issue, especially with a phone of this caliber.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions!

3 Replies
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
How long have you had the phone because for the first week or two it's learning your habits and the battery is going to suck but over time it will go and get better because it's learning the habits it's got an adaptive battery
0 Likes
Heewit89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been having it for around 1 month now and for 2 weeks I've been using it as a main phone.

0 Likes
Heewit89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I just tested video calls on Telegram, and it was even worse than WhatsApp. In just 20 minutes, my battery dropped by 10%. The experience was incredibly poor. On top of that, my phone got really hot.

0 Likes