Original topic:

Where does the "Camera" pictures get backed up?

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
Boneing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have backed up several times and can't seem to find the camera role where all the pictures are saved. All I see is the folders that I have created. Makes no sense, I hope there is a way to get them back. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

In Google photos.  You can see them in the Google photos app, or photos.google.com. They will back up there unless you are out of the free storage space (15 gigs), when you will have to start clearing out.  The photos are stored on your phone in the DCIM folder if you want to copy or move them to another device.  You can also sync them with your OneDrive if you have it, but you run into the same space limitations.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Boneing If you enable the OneDrive backup in the Gallery, the photos will be backed up to your Microsoft OneDrive account. 

If you open the Google Photos app and allow it to backup your photos, they will be stored in your google account at photos.google.com. 

0 Likes
Boneing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you guys, that makes sense. But seems like it wasn't syncing and it should back up the main camera folder just in case you don't make folders. Lost a bunch and very disappointed.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
@Boneing Both of those backup the "main camera folder" (the DCIM directory) by default. You can choose to select other additional folders to backup as you choose.
0 Likes
Boneing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have it set as default but I guess it never saved it
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

If you used up your free Google storage, any photos you took after the storage space was used, will not be backed up.  You can see how much storage space you are using by clicking on your initial in Google photos and it will tell you how much account storage you are using.  You only get 15 GB free, so if you are full, you have to start moving photos off your phone and out of Google photo storage.  I'm sure that there are photos that you no longer want, screen shots, etc.  If you want everything, you can download them to a computer or other external device.  Then your new photos will start backing up again.

0 Likes