JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

default weather app uninstalled, attempting to reinstall

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 01:25 AM)
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I somehow managed to uninstall the built-in weather app on my s24ultra, running latest software, attempting to reinstall it using the official apk results in this. help

14 Replies
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
this appeared1722586730647_1722586730643_0.jpg
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
What did you do šŸ˜­
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
To reinstall the built-in weather app on your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, first try downloading it from the Galaxy Store. If that doesn't work, reset app preferences by going to Settings > Apps > three-dot menu > Reset app preferences. Alternatively, check for a software update in Settings > Software update > Download and install. As a last resort, perform a factory reset in Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset, but ensure you back up important data first.
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I was trying to avoid running a factory reset, I'll attempt compiling the apk from my computer first using the Samsung oem service, if that doesn't work I'll factory reset. it seems a lot of other crucial packages are missing from my phone too
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah there is, bc if you can't open that link that I sent properly, that's an issue
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
How'd you manage that? Genuine question there. Because on my S24 plus the built in weather app can only be disabled.
0 Likes
aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
attempted degoogling while in programmer mode by a program known as Universal Android debloater. so yeah, if you wanna delete your weather app, that's how you so it
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
@aknatn
1.6.75.47 is most likely the newest version for the Fold or flip which isn't compatible for the S24's use this version
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-weather/samsung-weather-1-6-75-35-r...

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

aknatn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
THAT WORKED. IM ACTUALLY SHOCKED TYSM1722849099224.jpg
0 Likes