Original topic:

no one seems to know

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought my phone through Samsung shop But I didn't get the unlock version I got it for Tmobile as my carrier. I made the payment in full once I received the phone (S24U) so that way Tmobile can unlock it . There's a reason why I did that , but anyways after 2 months I notice the phone wasn't unlocked . Tmobile told me don't worry give it some time it would be unlocked . Everytime I checked it said the phone wasn't registered or something so it couldn't be unlocked. this has been an issue since February fast fwd to labor day September 2nd , I made the switch to Verizon my phone is still "locked" Tmobile says it's a samsung issue , samsung says I have to take it with Tmobile after 3 days calling samsung and tmobile , Tmobile finally unlocks the phone I'm able to use Verizon but no physical sim it had to done with Esim ok no problem everything is working fine . Here comes the 6.1.1 update Tuesday September 10th my phone stops working no calls no txt . I go to Verizon now they couldn't use Esim it had to be a physical sim ok cool no problem but I notice I don't have wifi calling anymore or in samsung messaging I don't have chat features in the settings anymore . I call Verizon they call Samsung, Samsung tells them I'm still locked under Tmobile, Verizon calls Tmobile they say it's not locked which it's not because I wouldn't be able to use Verizon. So I tell Verizon when I put in the Tmobile sim or even an Obama sim chat features and wifi calling returns but when I insert Verizon it disappears. Sorry for this long story post but just want to know if there's anyone else having this problem when switching sim cards and what did you do to fix it
0 Likes
17 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Just my thoughts the port either didn't work or complete or tmobile didn't unlock the phone which the will deny anyway on network settings it should say if it's unlocked
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's what I'm thinking also with the port also because it took me calling them for 3-4 days and having a 3 way call with Samsung to get them to unlock it . Tired of calling with no results . do you know what can I say or look up to check for myself? I don't know what to say anymore to them
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok here we go I was close in settings connection tap than more connection than setting than network unlock if I recall has some pin to enter wait for it to unlock may take few trys when unlocked restart
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
also when they 1st portedmy number over i mentioned they couldn't use a physical sim they did Esim then the update came in the Esim stopped working so they did a physical sim . when I called Friday they tried trouble shooting they said they'll use a Esim but then the Esim wouldn't take , that's when Verizon called samsung and said my phone is still locked but Tmobile says it's not and as you can see in the picture it is unlocked so idk
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Sounds like a port issue with Verizon I would find the port dept number and let them know the other reps dint seem able to do much
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
it's unlocked I can use other Sims in it . But according to samsung the imei says it's locked and again the wifi calling and chat features don't show when I use my Verizon sim but am able to call and txt just them 2 features don't show up 1726444900313.jpg
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you do the permanent unlock might be the imei issue as for wifi not working it seems to happen on some phones not sure why for some they don't have that not working
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
won't let me click on it temporarily or permanent it's like frozen lol .
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Thinking port issue here your number in limbo as Sim card not working