JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 11:10 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
183 Replies
useretEF6DdxUk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue. I just turned off and turned back on notifications. So far, so good.
0 Likes
stuartmcmahon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I kept my finger on it then clicked turn off notification. Turned notification off then on again and its disappeared.

0 Likes
userxTGAcDUBmn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Open email app
Open the 3 bar drop down menu on the left side
Click the setting icon
Click the email address you want to change
Click email sync schedule
Click set sync schedule
Choose how often you want it to sync (I chose once a day)

Repeat these steps if you have multiple emails.

0 Likes
Crazyharleyguy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Pull down to see all notifications.

Now swipe the email notification to the left and it will be gone.

0 Likes
userxM2pLSzNzf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I did that and it went away.  However, if you restart your phone, it shows back up.  They definitely need a fix for this.  Thanks.  

0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

At this point the problem seems to be with almost every phone that updated in the past few days.  While the fix seems to stop some things even when removed the 1 app running in the background still reappears.  The good thing seems to be if you don't use the phone it doesn't seem to use the battery much.  Report the problem as above to Samsung.  Give bad reviews on both the play store and the samsung shop. There are lots of negative reviews.  My review to samsung shop is to restore our phones to the last known good program and fix this. 

I don't think we need to keep our batteries going with more "mine too" because it's not something we did wrong.  I'm going to close the original thread with the hope that the powers that be get this fixed soon.  Thanks everyone who responded!!

Deejay57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How have they not fixed this yet considering all the complaints.. its appalling.  My battery is running out of charge at twice its normal rate

user6Wc3kTODVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a A53 and exactly the same issue.I tried uninsalling with clean re install  but same issue again a day later.Force stop gets rid of it and just open the app to receive mail then force stop to save battery.**bleep** really needs to be sorted out I say by Samsung

shereelouise60
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same problem too with the syncing emails notification

0 Likes
applesucktoo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

**bleep**ing aggravating.  Thats all I have to say about this issue.  Also **bleep**ing mind numbing is the UNWANTED Galaxy Store advertisements for Tik Tok and other mindless, useless bull **bleep** apps I have no interest in.  Samsung sucks.

0 Likes